Broncos Fans Line ‘Super Bowl Boulevard’ To Get Glimpse Of Lombardi Trophy
Buy Broncos Tickets
NEW YORK (CBS4) – “Super Bowl Boulevard” is now open in Times Square.
Crews transformed 13 blocks of Broadway into a Super Bowl experience, complete with a toboggan run, live performances and autograph signings.
A large crowd was on hand as the coveted Vince Lombardi Trophy was delivered to Super Bowl Boulevard Wednesday morning. A New York drum line performed for fans as the trophy was brought in by New York Giants defensive end Justin Tuck.
The trophy is now being housed in a building on the street.
PHOTO GALLERY: Super Bowl Boulevard
Denver Broncos fans lined up to see the trophy they hope will make the trip back to the Mile High City, including one fan from New Jersey.
“That’s the mission — that is what we were working for last year,” Broncos fan Carol Fett said. “This is it, the ultimate, we want that back in Denver. Even though I’m not from Denver, that’s where it belongs.”
The Vince Lombardi Trophy will be on display on Super Bowl Boulevard through Saturday. That’s when the boulevard will shut down.
The Broncos will play the Seattle Seahawks in Super Bowl XLVIII on Feb. 2 at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J.
More Super Bowl Stories
- Broncos Flat In First Half, Trail Bengals 20-7
- Focus On Running Backs In Broncos-Bengals Monday Matchup
- Injury Report: Peyton Manning, Emmanuel Sanders Questionable Vs. Bengals
- Knighton Takes On Bigger Role In Denver This Season
- Broncos Dig Into Their Deep Linebacker Corps
- Manning Limited At Practice With Thigh Injury
- Top 10 Colorado Sports Stories Of 2014