Broncos Fans Line ‘Super Bowl Boulevard’ To Get Glimpse Of Lombardi Trophy
NEW YORK (CBS4) – “Super Bowl Boulevard” is now open in Times Square.
Crews transformed 13 blocks of Broadway into a Super Bowl experience, complete with a toboggan run, live performances and autograph signings.
A large crowd was on hand as the coveted Vince Lombardi Trophy was delivered to Super Bowl Boulevard Wednesday morning. A New York drum line performed for fans as the trophy was brought in by New York Giants defensive end Justin Tuck.
The trophy is now being housed in a building on the street.
PHOTO GALLERY: Super Bowl Boulevard
Denver Broncos fans lined up to see the trophy they hope will make the trip back to the Mile High City, including one fan from New Jersey.
“That’s the mission — that is what we were working for last year,” Broncos fan Carol Fett said. “This is it, the ultimate, we want that back in Denver. Even though I’m not from Denver, that’s where it belongs.”
The Vince Lombardi Trophy will be on display on Super Bowl Boulevard through Saturday. That’s when the boulevard will shut down.
The Broncos will play the Seattle Seahawks in Super Bowl XLVIII on Feb. 2 at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J.
More Super Bowl Stories
- Manning Won’t Laugh At A Keep-Away Encore
- CSU Marching Band Takes Field At Halftime During Broncos Thursday Night Game
- Top 10 Most-Interviewed Denver Broncos
- Domestic Violence Survivors Get Support From Denver Broncos And Verizon
- Former CSU Star Shaquil Barrett Back On Broncos’ Practice Squad
- Manning Was Mic’d Up During Record-Breaking Game
- Fun And Games Over For Peyton Manning & Co.