CENTENNIAL, Colo. (CBS4) – Some Arapahoe High School students have returned home after a trip to Roswell, N.M. this weekend. They went there to visit Berrendo Middle School, the site of a school shooting earlier this month.
“We know what you’re going through,” Arapahoe High student David Courtney said.
The connection between the two schools started with a YouTube post from an Arapahoe High student.
Saturday night the Warriors met with the middle schoolers to share up close and personal words of encouragement.
The Berrendo students say it helped.
“I’m building up emotionally because I finally feel the support that I didn’t feel at the beginning when all this started happening,” Berrendo eighth-grader Ntonio Lara said.
Two students are in the hospital recovering from the Roswell shooting. The 12-year-old suspected shooter is in custody undergoing a mental health evaluation.
More Arapahoe High School Stories
- ‘Supergirl’ Star Melissa Benoist Says Colorado Shaped Her
- Arapahoe High Bans ‘Grinding’ At School Dance
- Colorado Schools With Native American Mascots To Meet With Tribes
- Colorado Lawmakers Study School Violence, Mental Health
- Colorado Lawmakers Set To Study School Violence
- New Law Will Making Schools Liable For Violence Named For Claire Davis
- Colorado Lawmakers OK Bill Making Schools Liable For Safety