Arapahoe High Students Visit Roswell School After Shooting
CENTENNIAL, Colo. (CBS4) – Some Arapahoe High School students have returned home after a trip to Roswell, N.M. this weekend. They went there to visit Berrendo Middle School, the site of a school shooting earlier this month.
“We know what you’re going through,” Arapahoe High student David Courtney said.
The connection between the two schools started with a YouTube post from an Arapahoe High student.
Saturday night the Warriors met with the middle schoolers to share up close and personal words of encouragement.
The Berrendo students say it helped.
“I’m building up emotionally because I finally feel the support that I didn’t feel at the beginning when all this started happening,” Berrendo eighth-grader Ntonio Lara said.
Two students are in the hospital recovering from the Roswell shooting. The 12-year-old suspected shooter is in custody undergoing a mental health evaluation.
More Arapahoe High School Stories
- Police: Arapahoe High Gunman Had Sandy Hook Pics
- Report: Arapahoe High Shooter Wanted Revenge For Teasing
- Ex-Arapahoe Sheriff Grayson Robinson Leads Denver Internal Affairs
- State Funding At Center Of School Mascot Controversy
- Legislation Would Deny Funding To Schools With Unauthorized Native American Mascots
- Guard: Safety Concerns Remain After Arapahoe High School Attack
- New Park Designed To Honor Arapahoe High School Shooting Victim