Mayor Hancock Proclaims ‘United in Orange, Time to Ride Week’
DENVER (CBS4) – Denver Mayor Michael Hancock on Friday proclaimed the days leading up to Super Bowl Sunday as “United in Orange, Time to Ride Week.”
The fun begins on Sunday at the City and County Building. A chalk artist will create a sendoff for the team on Broncos Boulevard.
“All Broncos fans are encouraged to come cover the street in chalk good wishes,” the mayor’s office said in a statement.
Hancock and Gov. John Hickenlooper will both be on hand. Fans will receive orange pompons.
Additional Information From The Mayor’s Office
To keep the fandemonium going, the Mayor is inviting fans to celebrate United in Orange, Time to Ride Week (Jan. 27 – 31) by posting on the Mayor’s Facebook page their best picture or video of:
• Monday – Broncos Touchdown Dance
• Tuesday – Broncos Pet
• Wednesday – Broncos Kid
• Thursday – Broncos Souvenir
• Friday – Broncos SUPER United in Orange – Show us your best interpretation of Broncos Nation
The city will post the people’s videos and photos on the 14th street jumbotrons on Friday, Jan. 31 – including the touchdown dances. Mayor Hancock will also place a friendly mayor-to-mayor wager with Seattle Mayor Ed Murray. Further details will be released soon.
The City and County of Denver will maintain its show of support for the Broncos by:
• Lighting the City and County Building with orange and blue lights through game day;
• Illuminating the DIA sign on Peña Boulevard in orange and programming overhead signs to cheer “Go Broncos;”
• Supporting “United in Orange, Time to Ride Friday” by asking city employees to don their best Broncos garb and buttons;
• Greeting DIA passengers with a Broncos message on the train and adorning DIA employees and ambassadors with “United in Orange, Time to Ride Friday” buttons; and
• Encouraging downtown building owners and businesses throughout the city to display orange and blue lights and Broncos signs.
Adding to that support, the Broncos, Downtown Denver Partnership, VISIT DENVER, Larimer Square, National Western Stock Show, Elitch Gardens are:
• Lighting the D&F Tower in orange and blue lights;
• Showcasing United in Orange: Time to Ride on banners, buses, 16th Street Mall shuttles and billboards around Denver;
• Lighting the exterior at Sports Authority Field at Mile High;
• Hanging Broncos banners along the 16th Street Mall and in Larimer Square;
• Lighting the Elitch Gardens Ferris Wheel orange and blue;
• Broadcasting 850KOA’s live game coverage and offering free skating and skate rentals at the Rink located on Arapahoe and 16th Street to skaters who wear orange or a Broncos gear! The Rink opens at 10 a.m. on Saturday. Early risers can get free lessons and skate rentals from 8 to 10 a.m.;
• Lighting the tops of the Great-West Financial Towers at I-25 and Orchard; and
• Flying Broncos flags during the National Western Stock Show finals on Sunday.
More Broncos Stories
- Elway Hits Links, Dreessen Released On Eve Of Training Camp
- Top 9 Offseason Tweets By Terrance Knighton
- T.J. Ward Hearing On Denver Assault Charge Delayed
- Former Bronco Chris Kuper Trades Football For Hockey
- Broncos Primed For Another Super Run
- Wes Welker Takes Flight With The Thunderbirds
- Former Bronco Bob McNamara Dies At 82