ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) – Denver Broncos kicker Matt Prater stayed home sick again Friday, missing his second straight practice.
Coach John Fox said Prater’s absence was a combination of being too ill to work out and a precaution against getting teammates sick as they prepare for the Super Bowl against Seattle on Feb. 2.
Fox called it “a combination of both, like most sick players. We sent him to the doc, they deal with it, give him medication. He’ll be fine.”
Prater converted 25 of 26 field goals in the regular season, including a record 64-yarder against Tennessee on Dec. 8 in Denver. He’s 5-for-5 in the playoffs.
Overall, he scored 150 points in the regular season and 20 more in the postseason.
– By Arnie Stapleton, AP Sports Writer
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
More Broncos Stories
- Mark Sanchez A Surprise Participant In Broncos OTAs
- NFL Adopts Expanded Instant Replay
- Watch Xfinity Monday Live With Broncos Lineman Max Garcia
- Former Bronco Fletcher On Ring Of Fame Selection: ‘Did This Really Happen?’
- Broncos QB Sanchez Pushing For Rapid Return
- Broncos Still Playing The Rodney Dangerfield Card
- Peyton Manning Is No John Elway, Will Have To Wait For Ring Of Fame Honors
- ‘Oatmaha!’: A Peyton Manning-Themed Beer Is Coming To Denver
- Broncos Fans Get Fit With Stadium Challenge
- Peyton Manning To High School Athletes: Be Proud Of Your Accomplishments