Ill Prater Stays Away From Broncos
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) – Denver Broncos kicker Matt Prater stayed home sick again Friday, missing his second straight practice.
Coach John Fox said Prater’s absence was a combination of being too ill to work out and a precaution against getting teammates sick as they prepare for the Super Bowl against Seattle on Feb. 2.
Fox called it “a combination of both, like most sick players. We sent him to the doc, they deal with it, give him medication. He’ll be fine.”
Prater converted 25 of 26 field goals in the regular season, including a record 64-yarder against Tennessee on Dec. 8 in Denver. He’s 5-for-5 in the playoffs.
Overall, he scored 150 points in the regular season and 20 more in the postseason.
– By Arnie Stapleton, AP Sports Writer
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
More Broncos Stories
- Broncos Lose Kyle Williams To Torn Achilles Tendon
- Derek Wolfe ‘Disappointed In Himself’ Over Suspension
- Jackson’s Strained Calf Adds To Denver D-Line Woes
- Manning And Thomas Back Together After 201-Day Separation
- Antonio Smith Says He Trusts He’ll Be Cleared
- Broncos Fans Share Their Excitement At Day 1 Of Training Camp
- Kubiak Hoping History Repeats Itself With Elway, Manning
- Jake Long To Visit Denver Broncos On Thursday
- 12 Random Facts About Broncos Players From The 2015 Media Guide
- Defensive End Antonio Smith Rejoining Broncos