Ill Prater Stays Away From Broncos
Buy Broncos Tickets
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) – Denver Broncos kicker Matt Prater stayed home sick again Friday, missing his second straight practice.
Coach John Fox said Prater’s absence was a combination of being too ill to work out and a precaution against getting teammates sick as they prepare for the Super Bowl against Seattle on Feb. 2.
Fox called it “a combination of both, like most sick players. We sent him to the doc, they deal with it, give him medication. He’ll be fine.”
Prater converted 25 of 26 field goals in the regular season, including a record 64-yarder against Tennessee on Dec. 8 in Denver. He’s 5-for-5 in the playoffs.
Overall, he scored 150 points in the regular season and 20 more in the postseason.
- By Arnie Stapleton, AP Sports Writer
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
More Broncos Stories
- Broncos, Dolphins Look Like Mirror Images
- Broncos Shuffle Backfield On Eve Of Showdown
- Broncos Waive Former CSU Star Karpri Bibbs To Make Room For RB Jeremy Stewart
- Virgil Green Says He’s Ready To Return To Lineup
- Injury Report: Broncos Likely Without Julius Thomas, Sanders Could Play
- CBS Sports’ Tony Gonzalez Not Worried About Broncos Against Dolphins
- Rookie Receiver Ready To Add To Broncos’ Weaponry
- Denver’s Linemen Break Silence, Vow To Get Better
- ‘We Will Fix It. I Guarantee You That,’ Broncos’ Moore Says
- Don’t Miss Demaryius Thomas & Rahim Moore On The Blitz