Ill Prater Stays Away From Broncos
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) – Denver Broncos kicker Matt Prater stayed home sick again Friday, missing his second straight practice.
Coach John Fox said Prater’s absence was a combination of being too ill to work out and a precaution against getting teammates sick as they prepare for the Super Bowl against Seattle on Feb. 2.
Fox called it “a combination of both, like most sick players. We sent him to the doc, they deal with it, give him medication. He’ll be fine.”
Prater converted 25 of 26 field goals in the regular season, including a record 64-yarder against Tennessee on Dec. 8 in Denver. He’s 5-for-5 in the playoffs.
Overall, he scored 150 points in the regular season and 20 more in the postseason.
– By Arnie Stapleton, AP Sports Writer
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
More Broncos Stories
- New Broncos DL Antonio Smith Being Investigated In Texas
- Letterman Shows Fondness For Peyton Manning During Final Broadcast
- Pat Bowlen’s Daughter ‘Very Protective’ Of Father Following Alzheimer’s Diagnosis
- Former D-Lineman Getting Shot At Starting On Denver’s O-Line
- What About Brock? Jake Plummer Says Osweiler ‘Will Be Rewarded’
- Broncos Rookie Linemen Garcia, Kilgo All Smiles After Signing Deals
- Former Broncos Defensive Lineman Adrian Robinson Dies At 25
- 7 Things You Didn’t Know About Todd Helton
- 17 Broncos Items Currently On Display At The Pro Football Hall Of Fame
- Peyton Manning Shows Support For Fan Battling Breast Cancer