Ill Prater Stays Away From Broncos
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) – Denver Broncos kicker Matt Prater stayed home sick again Friday, missing his second straight practice.
Coach John Fox said Prater’s absence was a combination of being too ill to work out and a precaution against getting teammates sick as they prepare for the Super Bowl against Seattle on Feb. 2.
Fox called it “a combination of both, like most sick players. We sent him to the doc, they deal with it, give him medication. He’ll be fine.”
Prater converted 25 of 26 field goals in the regular season, including a record 64-yarder against Tennessee on Dec. 8 in Denver. He’s 5-for-5 in the playoffs.
Overall, he scored 150 points in the regular season and 20 more in the postseason.
- By Arnie Stapleton, AP Sports Writer
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
More Broncos Stories
- Broncos Bring New Defense To Rematch With Seahawks
- Broncos’ Williams Didn’t See Football As A Ticket To Future
- Broncos Focusing On This Year’s Seahawks, Not The Super Bowl
- Gase, Manning Get Another Shot At Sherman
- 10 Random Media Guide Facts About The 2014 Denver Broncos
- Danny Trevathan Returns To Practice For Broncos
- Manning 3 Short Of Joining Favre In 500-TD Club
- 5 Games When Broncos Were Rare Underdogs
- Wes Welker Reinstated, Will Play Sunday In Seattle
- Emmanuel Sanders Mic’d Up In Week 2 Win, Peyton Manning Most Valuable Player