Ill Prater Stays Away From Broncos
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) – Denver Broncos kicker Matt Prater stayed home sick again Friday, missing his second straight practice.
Coach John Fox said Prater’s absence was a combination of being too ill to work out and a precaution against getting teammates sick as they prepare for the Super Bowl against Seattle on Feb. 2.
Fox called it “a combination of both, like most sick players. We sent him to the doc, they deal with it, give him medication. He’ll be fine.”
Prater converted 25 of 26 field goals in the regular season, including a record 64-yarder against Tennessee on Dec. 8 in Denver. He’s 5-for-5 in the playoffs.
Overall, he scored 150 points in the regular season and 20 more in the postseason.
- By Arnie Stapleton, AP Sports Writer
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
More Broncos Stories
- Manning Was Mic’d Up During Record-Breaking Game
- Fun And Games Over For Peyton Manning & Co.
- Bibbs Stays With Broncos After Bills Come Calling
- Tampa Bay Bucs Sign Former Bronco Trindon Holiday
- 6 Things We Learned About Emmanuel Sanders This Week
- Opponent Profile: Hungry Chargers A Tenacious Foe For Broncos
- Miller, Ware Are Enjoying Bounce-Back Seasons
- Former CSU Running Back Kapri Bibbs Joins Broncos’ Active Roster
- With TD Mark In Bag, Manning Can Set More Records
- Belichick, Brady Praise Manning On TD Record