ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) – Denver Broncos kicker Matt Prater stayed home sick again Friday, missing his second straight practice.
Coach John Fox said Prater’s absence was a combination of being too ill to work out and a precaution against getting teammates sick as they prepare for the Super Bowl against Seattle on Feb. 2.
Fox called it “a combination of both, like most sick players. We sent him to the doc, they deal with it, give him medication. He’ll be fine.”
Prater converted 25 of 26 field goals in the regular season, including a record 64-yarder against Tennessee on Dec. 8 in Denver. He’s 5-for-5 in the playoffs.
Overall, he scored 150 points in the regular season and 20 more in the postseason.
– By Arnie Stapleton, AP Sports Writer
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
More Broncos Stories
- Sanders, Thomas Thrive Off Competing Against Each Other
- Look: Von Miller Posts Picture Of New ‘Cash Cleats’ On Instagram
- Broncos, Other Unbeatens Winning With Team Concept
- Lady Gaga Gets Super Bowl Halftime Gig
- Trespasser At Broncos Headquarters Said He’d ‘Get Elway’
- Siemian Shows Poise Of A Veteran As First-Year Starter
- Von Miller Named AFC Defensive Player Of The Month
- Reception For Aqib Talib In Tampa Might Not Be A Warm One
- Former Broncos QB Tebow: ‘It Was Fun’ After He Homers In Mets Debut
- Flaws And All, Denver’s Defense The NFL’s Gold Standard