Ill Prater Stays Away From Broncos
Buy Broncos Tickets
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) – Denver Broncos kicker Matt Prater stayed home sick again Friday, missing his second straight practice.
Coach John Fox said Prater’s absence was a combination of being too ill to work out and a precaution against getting teammates sick as they prepare for the Super Bowl against Seattle on Feb. 2.
Fox called it “a combination of both, like most sick players. We sent him to the doc, they deal with it, give him medication. He’ll be fine.”
Prater converted 25 of 26 field goals in the regular season, including a record 64-yarder against Tennessee on Dec. 8 in Denver. He’s 5-for-5 in the playoffs.
Overall, he scored 150 points in the regular season and 20 more in the postseason.
- By Arnie Stapleton, AP Sports Writer
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
More Broncos Stories
- Manning Limited At Practice With Thigh Injury
- Top 10 Colorado Sports Stories Of 2014
- Moore: Peyton’s Block Showed ‘Heart, Toughness’
- Broncos Re-Sign Tight End Dominique Jones
- Linebacker Todd Davis Quickly Carves Out Niche In Denver
- Don’t Miss Demaryius Thomas & Rahim Moore On The Blitz
- Broncos Promote Safety Josh Bush To Active Roster
- Aqib Talib Named AFC Defensive Player Of The Week
- Injuries Threatening Broncos Super Bowl Aspirations
- It Was An Orange Sunday In Sunny San Diego