Ill Prater Stays Away From Broncos
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) – Denver Broncos kicker Matt Prater stayed home sick again Friday, missing his second straight practice.
Coach John Fox said Prater’s absence was a combination of being too ill to work out and a precaution against getting teammates sick as they prepare for the Super Bowl against Seattle on Feb. 2.
Fox called it “a combination of both, like most sick players. We sent him to the doc, they deal with it, give him medication. He’ll be fine.”
Prater converted 25 of 26 field goals in the regular season, including a record 64-yarder against Tennessee on Dec. 8 in Denver. He’s 5-for-5 in the playoffs.
Overall, he scored 150 points in the regular season and 20 more in the postseason.
– By Arnie Stapleton, AP Sports Writer
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
More Broncos Stories
- Elite Pass Rushers Highlight Broncos’ Visit To Raiders
- Broncos Week 5 Injury Report: Receivers And O-Line Hurting
- Broncos Notebook Oct. 9: Sambrailo, Latimer Ruled Out For Sunday
- Ban On Selfie Sticks Now In Place At Many Denver Venues
- Ware-Phillips Reunion Leads To Broncos Sacks Brigade
- Opponent Profile: Raiders Return To Respectability
- Manning Knows Broncos Need To Improve Despite 4-0 Start
- T.J. Ward Named AFC Defensive Player Of The Week
- C.J. Anderson Will Sacrifice Touches For Wins
- Peyton Manning On Pace For Career High In Sacks