Ill Prater Stays Away From Broncos
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) – Denver Broncos kicker Matt Prater stayed home sick again Friday, missing his second straight practice.
Coach John Fox said Prater’s absence was a combination of being too ill to work out and a precaution against getting teammates sick as they prepare for the Super Bowl against Seattle on Feb. 2.
Fox called it “a combination of both, like most sick players. We sent him to the doc, they deal with it, give him medication. He’ll be fine.”
Prater converted 25 of 26 field goals in the regular season, including a record 64-yarder against Tennessee on Dec. 8 in Denver. He’s 5-for-5 in the playoffs.
Overall, he scored 150 points in the regular season and 20 more in the postseason.
- By Arnie Stapleton, AP Sports Writer
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
More Broncos Stories
- Broncos Opponent Profile: Cardinals A Complete 3-0 Team
- Trevathan’s Leadership, Talent Boost Broncos
- Broncos Get Leading Tackler Danny Trevathan Back
- Broncos Ready For Long Stretch Following Early Bye Week
- All NFL Rookies Need To Hear Clarett’s Story
- After Chargers Win, Broncos Fall To 2nd Place In Division
- As Fox Says, Broncos Aren’t A Well-Oiled Machine
- Studs And Duds: A Look At Which Broncos Have Performed, Which Haven’t
- Broncos Offense Searching For A Higher Gear
- Wes Welker Isn’t Holding Back At All