Ill Prater Stays Away From Broncos
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) – Denver Broncos kicker Matt Prater stayed home sick again Friday, missing his second straight practice.
Coach John Fox said Prater’s absence was a combination of being too ill to work out and a precaution against getting teammates sick as they prepare for the Super Bowl against Seattle on Feb. 2.
Fox called it “a combination of both, like most sick players. We sent him to the doc, they deal with it, give him medication. He’ll be fine.”
Prater converted 25 of 26 field goals in the regular season, including a record 64-yarder against Tennessee on Dec. 8 in Denver. He’s 5-for-5 in the playoffs.
Overall, he scored 150 points in the regular season and 20 more in the postseason.
– By Arnie Stapleton, AP Sports Writer
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
More Broncos Stories
- Broncos Fall To Cardinals 22-20 In Final Preseason Game
- Peyton Manning: ‘I Want To Keep Playing As Long As I Can Play Well’
- Former Bronco Mark Schlereth In Denver, Says Broncos Will Be A Better Playoff Team
- Broncos Safety TJ Ward Suspended 1 Game For Strip Club Incident
- 4 Questions Before The NFL Season’s Start For CBS4’s Fantasy Football Pros
- Bears Pick Up Former Bronco Dysert To Back Up Cutler
- Broncos Again Look Like Class Of AFC West
- Montee Ball Fighting For Roster Spot With Broncos
- Broncos Notebook Sept. 1, 2015
- Chris Clark’s Departure To Houston Opens Door For Michael Schofield