Ill Prater Stays Away From Broncos
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) – Denver Broncos kicker Matt Prater stayed home sick again Friday, missing his second straight practice.
Coach John Fox said Prater’s absence was a combination of being too ill to work out and a precaution against getting teammates sick as they prepare for the Super Bowl against Seattle on Feb. 2.
Fox called it “a combination of both, like most sick players. We sent him to the doc, they deal with it, give him medication. He’ll be fine.”
Prater converted 25 of 26 field goals in the regular season, including a record 64-yarder against Tennessee on Dec. 8 in Denver. He’s 5-for-5 in the playoffs.
Overall, he scored 150 points in the regular season and 20 more in the postseason.
– By Arnie Stapleton, AP Sports Writer
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
More Broncos Stories
- Peyton Manning Begins Working On Denver Broncos’ New Offense
- Broncos Waive Linebacker Quanterus Smith
- Denver Broncos’ O-Line Makeover Isn’t Finished
- Elway On Demaryius Thomas’ Absence: ‘Makes No Sense’
- Vasquez Returns To His Comfort Zone But Challenges Remain
- 6 Notable Games On The Broncos 2015 Schedule
- 2015 NFL Schedule Breakdown
- Broncos Release Regular Season Schedule, CJ Anderson Says ‘Let’s Eat’
- Broncos’ C.J. Anderson Remains Humble After Breakout Year
- Broncos Tight End Owen Daniels: ‘Weather Is A Part Of My Life’