ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) – Denver Broncos kicker Matt Prater stayed home sick again Friday, missing his second straight practice.
Coach John Fox said Prater’s absence was a combination of being too ill to work out and a precaution against getting teammates sick as they prepare for the Super Bowl against Seattle on Feb. 2.
Fox called it “a combination of both, like most sick players. We sent him to the doc, they deal with it, give him medication. He’ll be fine.”
Prater converted 25 of 26 field goals in the regular season, including a record 64-yarder against Tennessee on Dec. 8 in Denver. He’s 5-for-5 in the playoffs.
Overall, he scored 150 points in the regular season and 20 more in the postseason.
– By Arnie Stapleton, AP Sports Writer
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
More Broncos Stories
- Broncos Give Osweiler Rude Welcome In 27-9 Win Over Houston
- Kubiak Is 6th-Winningest Coach In Broncos History
- Miller’s Sack Streak Ends At 7
- Broncos Anderson Passes 2,000 Career Rushing Yards
- 3 Broncos Players Inducted Into Ring Of Fame
- Broncos Thomas With NFL-Best Touchdown Mark
- Broncos Sanders Catches Career Milestone
- Every Crosswalk Should Show Broncos Pride
- 3 Broncos Players, Lynch, Elam, Fletcher, To Be Inducted Into Ring Of Fame
- Osweiler Following Manning’s Path, Not Living In His Shadow