ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) – Denver Broncos kicker Matt Prater stayed home sick again Friday, missing his second straight practice.
Coach John Fox said Prater’s absence was a combination of being too ill to work out and a precaution against getting teammates sick as they prepare for the Super Bowl against Seattle on Feb. 2.
Fox called it “a combination of both, like most sick players. We sent him to the doc, they deal with it, give him medication. He’ll be fine.”
Prater converted 25 of 26 field goals in the regular season, including a record 64-yarder against Tennessee on Dec. 8 in Denver. He’s 5-for-5 in the playoffs.
Overall, he scored 150 points in the regular season and 20 more in the postseason.
– By Arnie Stapleton, AP Sports Writer
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
More Broncos Stories
- Broncos Hope Draft Picks Replace Free-Agent Losses
- Broncos Address Biggest Needs In NFL Draft
- Peyton Manning To Headline Leadership Forum In September
- Broncos Select Punter Riley Dixon With 8th Pick In NFL Draft
- Broncos Select Safety Will Parks With 7th Pick In NFL Draft
- Broncos Select Fullback Andy Janovich With 6th Pick In NFL Draft
- Broncos Select Guard Connor McGovern With 5th Pick In NFL Draft
- Broncos Add RB Depth With Devontae Booker
- Broncos Look To Add Roster Depth On Day 3 Of Draft
- Broncos Select Defensive Back Justin Simmons With 3rd Pick In NFL Draft