Ill Prater Stays Away From Broncos
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) – Denver Broncos kicker Matt Prater stayed home sick again Friday, missing his second straight practice.
Coach John Fox said Prater’s absence was a combination of being too ill to work out and a precaution against getting teammates sick as they prepare for the Super Bowl against Seattle on Feb. 2.
Fox called it “a combination of both, like most sick players. We sent him to the doc, they deal with it, give him medication. He’ll be fine.”
Prater converted 25 of 26 field goals in the regular season, including a record 64-yarder against Tennessee on Dec. 8 in Denver. He’s 5-for-5 in the playoffs.
Overall, he scored 150 points in the regular season and 20 more in the postseason.
– By Arnie Stapleton, AP Sports Writer
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
More Broncos Stories
- Young Patients Are All Smiles As Broncos Partner With Children’s Hospital
- Broncos Training Camp Schedule Released, Fans Can Watch This Year
- 7 Things Overheard In Jake Plummer’s Golf Cart
- Peyton Manning Doesn’t Talk Broncos At His Charity Golf Tournament
- Ben Garland’s Commitment To His Country May Be Over, But He’s Still Serving
- Former Safety Nick Ferguson Plays Special Role At Broncos Minicamp
- McCaffrey: ‘I Look Forward To It Every Year’ Dare To Play Football, Cheer Camps
- Trevathan, Marshall Aim To Be Back For Training Camp
- Peyton Manning Conducts Orchestra At ‘Taste Of The Broncos’
- Chase Vaughn Gets Another Chance In His 5th Pro Football League