Ill Prater Stays Away From Broncos
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) – Denver Broncos kicker Matt Prater stayed home sick again Friday, missing his second straight practice.
Coach John Fox said Prater’s absence was a combination of being too ill to work out and a precaution against getting teammates sick as they prepare for the Super Bowl against Seattle on Feb. 2.
Fox called it “a combination of both, like most sick players. We sent him to the doc, they deal with it, give him medication. He’ll be fine.”
Prater converted 25 of 26 field goals in the regular season, including a record 64-yarder against Tennessee on Dec. 8 in Denver. He’s 5-for-5 in the playoffs.
Overall, he scored 150 points in the regular season and 20 more in the postseason.
- By Arnie Stapleton, AP Sports Writer
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
More Broncos Stories
- Denver Broncos Hire Wade Phillips As Defensive Coordinator
- 6 Guesses About When Peyton Manning Might Announce Retirement
- Thomas: Ankle Is Better As He Heads Into Important Offseason
- If Elway Has To Choose A Thomas, Ed McCaffrey Says Keep Demaryius Over Julius
- Denver Broncos Don’t Want Powdered Alcohol Legal In Colorado
- Manning Has A Lot To Consider As He Ponders His Future
- Rick Dennison Returns To Broncos As Offensive Coordinator
- Broncos Hire Bill Kollar As Defensive Line Coach
- Wait, What Did You Say? See Peyton Manning, Other NFL Stars, In New ‘Bad Lip Reading’ Video
- Canon City Inmate Sues NFL For $89 Billion