Ill Prater Stays Away From Broncos
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) – Denver Broncos kicker Matt Prater stayed home sick again Friday, missing his second straight practice.
Coach John Fox said Prater’s absence was a combination of being too ill to work out and a precaution against getting teammates sick as they prepare for the Super Bowl against Seattle on Feb. 2.
Fox called it “a combination of both, like most sick players. We sent him to the doc, they deal with it, give him medication. He’ll be fine.”
Prater converted 25 of 26 field goals in the regular season, including a record 64-yarder against Tennessee on Dec. 8 in Denver. He’s 5-for-5 in the playoffs.
Overall, he scored 150 points in the regular season and 20 more in the postseason.
- By Arnie Stapleton, AP Sports Writer
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
More Broncos Stories
- NFL Downgrades Broncos’ Compensatory Draft Pick
- Nate Irving Leaves Broncos, Signs With Colts
- Seventh-Year Linebacker Reggie Walker Joins Broncos
- Tight End Jacob Tamme Chooses To Leave Broncos, Signs With Falcons
- 15 Great Reactions To The News Of Tim Tebow’s Meeting With Eagles
- Tebow Time In Philly?: Former Broncos QB Works Out For Eagles
- CSU’s Shelley Smith Joins Broncos In Another Kubiak Reunion
- Broncos Replace Rahim Moore With Darian Stewart
- Broncos Sign Defensive Lineman Vance Walker To 2-Year Deal
- Texans Sign Safety Rahim Moore Away From Denver Broncos