Ill Prater Stays Away From Broncos
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) – Denver Broncos kicker Matt Prater stayed home sick again Friday, missing his second straight practice.
Coach John Fox said Prater’s absence was a combination of being too ill to work out and a precaution against getting teammates sick as they prepare for the Super Bowl against Seattle on Feb. 2.
Fox called it “a combination of both, like most sick players. We sent him to the doc, they deal with it, give him medication. He’ll be fine.”
Prater converted 25 of 26 field goals in the regular season, including a record 64-yarder against Tennessee on Dec. 8 in Denver. He’s 5-for-5 in the playoffs.
Overall, he scored 150 points in the regular season and 20 more in the postseason.
- By Arnie Stapleton, AP Sports Writer
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
More Broncos Stories
- Peyton Manning Misses Fans, Bowlen At Training Camp
- Shanahan Says Give Manning A Break, Broncos Will Be Better
- Manning Getting Used To New Faces On Broncos
- CBS4 To Air More Football Programming Than Any Other Station
- ‘This One’s For Pat’
- Owner Pat Bowlen Resigns Control Of Denver Broncos
- Speculation Begins About Which Of Pat Bowlen’s Children Could Take Over
- Elway Hits Links, Dreessen Released On Eve Of Training Camp
- Top 9 Offseason Tweets By Terrance Knighton
- T.J. Ward Hearing On Denver Assault Charge Delayed