ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) – Denver Broncos kicker Matt Prater stayed home sick again Friday, missing his second straight practice.
Coach John Fox said Prater’s absence was a combination of being too ill to work out and a precaution against getting teammates sick as they prepare for the Super Bowl against Seattle on Feb. 2.
Fox called it “a combination of both, like most sick players. We sent him to the doc, they deal with it, give him medication. He’ll be fine.”
Prater converted 25 of 26 field goals in the regular season, including a record 64-yarder against Tennessee on Dec. 8 in Denver. He’s 5-for-5 in the playoffs.
Overall, he scored 150 points in the regular season and 20 more in the postseason.
– By Arnie Stapleton, AP Sports Writer
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
More Broncos Stories
- Tonight’s XML Guest: Broncos Kicker Brandon McManus
- Bears Release Former Broncos Safety Omar Bolden
- Which Quarterback Will Guide Denver’s Title Defense?
- 10 Random Facts From The Broncos 2016 Media Guide
- No Bids Yet For Broncos Stadium Naming Rights, Deadline Extended Again
- Paxton Lynch, Other Rookies React To Their Madden NFL 17 Ratings
- QBs Aside, Broncos Know Denver Starts With D
- Broncos Single-Game Tickets Go On Sale Next Week
- ‘Bam Bam’ Figures To Be A Key Contributor In This Year’s Broncos Defense
- Talib Spotted Without Crutches, Says He’ll Be Ready For Camp