ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) – Denver Broncos kicker Matt Prater stayed home sick again Friday, missing his second straight practice.
Coach John Fox said Prater’s absence was a combination of being too ill to work out and a precaution against getting teammates sick as they prepare for the Super Bowl against Seattle on Feb. 2.
Fox called it “a combination of both, like most sick players. We sent him to the doc, they deal with it, give him medication. He’ll be fine.”
Prater converted 25 of 26 field goals in the regular season, including a record 64-yarder against Tennessee on Dec. 8 in Denver. He’s 5-for-5 in the playoffs.
Overall, he scored 150 points in the regular season and 20 more in the postseason.
– By Arnie Stapleton, AP Sports Writer
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
More Broncos Stories
- Terrell Davis Chooses Hall Of Fame Presenter
- Joseph On Raiders: ‘You Feel Bad For The Fans’
- Raiders Are Moving To Las Vegas
- McCaffrey Shows Off Receiving, Returning Skills In Pro Day
- Peyton Manning Celebrates His 41st Birthday
- PHOTOS: Peyton Manning Visits Air Force Academy
- Goodell Outlines Changes To Improve Pace Of Play
- Elway Offers Opinion To Senate On Neil Gorsuch’s SCOTUS Nomination
- REPORT: Tom Brady Super Bowl Jersey Thief May Have Stolen Von Miller’s SB 50 Helmet
- Liufau Prepares For NFL Draft After Setting Records At CU