ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) – Denver Broncos kicker Matt Prater stayed home sick again Friday, missing his second straight practice.
Coach John Fox said Prater’s absence was a combination of being too ill to work out and a precaution against getting teammates sick as they prepare for the Super Bowl against Seattle on Feb. 2.
Fox called it “a combination of both, like most sick players. We sent him to the doc, they deal with it, give him medication. He’ll be fine.”
Prater converted 25 of 26 field goals in the regular season, including a record 64-yarder against Tennessee on Dec. 8 in Denver. He’s 5-for-5 in the playoffs.
Overall, he scored 150 points in the regular season and 20 more in the postseason.
– By Arnie Stapleton, AP Sports Writer
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
More Broncos Stories
- Broncos Revel In Parade Amid Questions About Manning, Miller
- Broncos Fans Excited To See Victory Parade
- A Million Fans Agree: ‘There’s No Place Like Broncos Country’
- Denver’s Super Bowl Parade Winds Through Mile High City
- Chris Harris Jr.: Newton Shouldn’t Have Had To Listen To Me After SB50
- Denver Mayor Congratulates Broncos With New DIA Train Recording
- Report: NFL Might Suspend Talib For Facemask
- A Lot Of Kids With ‘Orange Fever,’ ‘Bronco-itis’ At Super Bowl Rally
- Elway: No Pressure On Manning To Make Decision
- RTD Offers Free Light Rail, Bus Service Because Of Broncos Rally Delays