ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) – Denver Broncos kicker Matt Prater stayed home sick again Friday, missing his second straight practice.
Coach John Fox said Prater’s absence was a combination of being too ill to work out and a precaution against getting teammates sick as they prepare for the Super Bowl against Seattle on Feb. 2.
Fox called it “a combination of both, like most sick players. We sent him to the doc, they deal with it, give him medication. He’ll be fine.”
Prater converted 25 of 26 field goals in the regular season, including a record 64-yarder against Tennessee on Dec. 8 in Denver. He’s 5-for-5 in the playoffs.
Overall, he scored 150 points in the regular season and 20 more in the postseason.
– By Arnie Stapleton, AP Sports Writer
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
More Broncos Stories
- Broncos Linebacker DeMarcus Ware Takes Part In Drills At Practice
- Virgil Green Not Fazed By Rotation Of Broncos Quarterbacks
- Demaryius Thomas Responds To Jab By Former Panther
- Broncos Quarterback Situation Remains Muddled
- Trevor Siemian To Start Broncos’ Third Preseason Game
- Broncos Sign Veteran Defensive Tackle Henry Melton
- Broncos Offensive Lineman Darrion Weems Could Be A Week 1 Starter
- NFL Benches ‘Probable’ From Injury Reports
- QB Situation Still Up In The Air After Broncos’ Loss To 49ers
- Broncos Place DE Walker On IR, Sign TE Manasseh Garner