Ill Prater Stays Away From Broncos
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) – Denver Broncos kicker Matt Prater stayed home sick again Friday, missing his second straight practice.
Coach John Fox said Prater’s absence was a combination of being too ill to work out and a precaution against getting teammates sick as they prepare for the Super Bowl against Seattle on Feb. 2.
Fox called it “a combination of both, like most sick players. We sent him to the doc, they deal with it, give him medication. He’ll be fine.”
Prater converted 25 of 26 field goals in the regular season, including a record 64-yarder against Tennessee on Dec. 8 in Denver. He’s 5-for-5 in the playoffs.
Overall, he scored 150 points in the regular season and 20 more in the postseason.
- By Arnie Stapleton, AP Sports Writer
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
More Broncos Stories
- Remaking Of Von Miller’s Image Well Underway
- Jack Del Rio’s Son Luke Cleared To Play QB For Oregon State
- Broncos Preseason Will Kick Off With Super Bowl Rematch
- Broncos To Embark On ‘Mile High Salute To Fans Tour’
- Broncos, Fox Agree On 3-Year Deal
- Saints Agree To Terms With Champ Bailey
- Former Broncos DE Robert Ayers Signs With Giants
- Broncos Agree To 1-Year Deal With Will Montgomery
- Chris Harris Signs Restricted Free-Agent Tender With Broncos
- Broncos Sign OT Winston Justice To 1-Year Contract