Ill Prater Stays Away From Broncos
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) – Denver Broncos kicker Matt Prater stayed home sick again Friday, missing his second straight practice.
Coach John Fox said Prater’s absence was a combination of being too ill to work out and a precaution against getting teammates sick as they prepare for the Super Bowl against Seattle on Feb. 2.
Fox called it “a combination of both, like most sick players. We sent him to the doc, they deal with it, give him medication. He’ll be fine.”
Prater converted 25 of 26 field goals in the regular season, including a record 64-yarder against Tennessee on Dec. 8 in Denver. He’s 5-for-5 in the playoffs.
Overall, he scored 150 points in the regular season and 20 more in the postseason.
- By Arnie Stapleton, AP Sports Writer
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
More Broncos Stories
- Broncos Sign Defensive End DeMarcus Ware
- Broncos Agree To Deals With Aqib Talib, T.J. Ward
- Free Agent Defensive End Jared Allen To Visit WIth Broncos
- Zane Beadles, Wesley Woodyard Leave Broncos Via Free Agency
- Broncos, WR Andre Caldwell Agree To 2-Year Deal
- Chris Kuper Says He’d Still Be Playing If He Was Healthy
- Plummer Expects Broncos Will Go After Playmakers, Defenders
- Broncos Chris Kuper Announces Retirement
- Broncos May Cut Ties With Trindon Holliday
- Broncos Officially Announce Release Of Champ Bailey