ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) – Denver Broncos kicker Matt Prater stayed home sick again Friday, missing his second straight practice.
Coach John Fox said Prater’s absence was a combination of being too ill to work out and a precaution against getting teammates sick as they prepare for the Super Bowl against Seattle on Feb. 2.
Fox called it “a combination of both, like most sick players. We sent him to the doc, they deal with it, give him medication. He’ll be fine.”
Prater converted 25 of 26 field goals in the regular season, including a record 64-yarder against Tennessee on Dec. 8 in Denver. He’s 5-for-5 in the playoffs.
Overall, he scored 150 points in the regular season and 20 more in the postseason.
– By Arnie Stapleton, AP Sports Writer
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
More Broncos Stories
- Action On Stadium Naming Rights Could Come Monday
- NFL Officials To Interview Players Named In Al-Jazeera Report, But Not Manning
- Von Miller Playing Waiting Game With Broncos
- Broncos’ PR Staff Wins Rozelle Award From PFWA
- Broncos’ Elway Wins PFWA’s Horrigan Award
- Von Miller Gets Back On The Football Field — At His Camp
- Broncos Sponsorship Canceled, But Sports Authority Still Fielding Bids for Stadium Naming Rights
- 5 Things To Know About Broncos Linebacker Brandon Marshall
- With Von Missing, Shaq Barrett Has Been Getting More Reps
- Von Miller To Be Featured In ESPN Body Issue