Broncos Nation Alive And Well In Seattle
SEATTLE (CBS4) – Broncos Nation reaches far and wide — even into Seattle. CBS4’s Stan Bush traveled to Seattle where he caught up with some Broncos fans.
It was so sunny in Seattle on Thursday that to Bush it almost felt like he was back in Denver, but everywhere he went he saw Seahawk pride. However, he was still able to find a legion of Broncos fans.
There was a familiar sign on a tiny bar just north of Seattle where inside it felt just like home.
“This is No. 1 one for sure. I mean it’s the only place that like there is for sure Broncos fans game in and game out. And the big games, the playoff games, it’s standing room only,” a bar tender at El Borracho del Norte said.
“You try to make as like being back in Mile High Stadium,” David Johnson said.
Johnson pulled Broncos Nation together in the great Northwest.
“How big is Broncos Nation in the Northwest?” Bush asked Johnson.
“Well our meet-up group is probably around 370 members right now, and our Facebook group hit about 250,” Johnson said.
“I moved here from Denver 16 years ago and we still had the King Dome and proudly represented Denver at games when we were still in the same division,” a woman said.
“I like walking around the city in all my orange and people scowling at me,” another woman said.
Sundays make the sea level cookhouse feel like a mile high.
“Does it feel like you are in Denver for a Sunday?” Bush asked a Broncos fan.
“It honestly felt like the ‘12th Man’ wasn’t even here. It was the ‘12th Man’ of Denver here,” he replied.
In the land of the “12th Man,” El Borracho del Norte could be the only place that is orange next Sunday.
Las Vegas odds have the Broncos as two point favorites in the Super Bowl.
More Broncos Stories
- Top 5 Quarterback Records Peyton Manning Could Break Soon
- Chris Harris, Demaryius Thomas Return To Limited Action
- Rain Doesn’t Keep Broncos Fans From Watching Practice
- Broncos Add 2 Defensive Linemen, Including CU’s Will Pericak
- Top 5 Reasons Why The AFC West Will Be Tougher For The Broncos
- Chris Harris Passes Physical, Will Return To Practice
- Trio Of Broncos Bounce Back After Missing 2013
- Former Teammates Miss Having Joel Dreessen On Broncos’ Roster
- Top 5 NFL Teams That Have The Best Chance At Winning This Year’s Super Bowl
- Demaryius Thomas Back At Broncos Camp