Southwest Rink Shows Broncos Spirit With Orange Ice
DENVER (CBS4)- Southwest Ice Rink is showing its Broncos spirit with a new color scheme- the ice is orange!
Skaters at Southwest Ice Rink will notice the bright orange color of the ice as they celebrate the AFC Champions Broncos.
Crews worked overnight on Monday to put down 35 gallons of orange paint. It’s part of the “painting the town orange” celebration organized by the Downtown Denver Partnership.
The orange ice kicks off the final four weeks of the skating season at Southwest Rink at Skyline Park. More than 150,000 skaters have enjoyed the outdoor ice rink since it opened in 2010.
The Downtown Denver Partnership and Downtown Denver Business Improvement District are working with the Denver Broncos, VISIT DENVER, Larimer Square, National Western Stock Show, DIA, the City and Elitch Gardens to show our support for the Denver Broncos. Efforts include:
- Lighting the City and County Building with orange and blue lights beginning Friday through game day;
- Illuminating the DIA sign on Peña Boulevard in orange and programming overhead signs to cheer “Go Broncos;”
- Greeting DIA passengers with a Broncos message from John Elway on the train and adorning DIA employees and ambassadors with “United in Orange, Time to Ride” buttons; and
- Encouraging downtown building owners and businesses throughout the city to display orange and blue lights and Broncos signs.
- Lighting the D&F Tower in orange and blue lights;
- Hanging Broncos banners along the 16th Street Mall and in Larimer Square;
- Lighting 14th Street wayfinders orange;
- Lighting the Elitch Gardens Ferris Wheel orange and blue;
- Flying Broncos flags during National Western Stock Show rodeos.