cbs4

Local

Cigarettes Started Deadly Fire In Loveland

View Comments

LOVELAND, Colo. (CBS4) – Cigarettes started a fire in a mobile home that killed two people and several pets.

Fire crews rushed to the fire at 12:03 a.m. Thursday. They entered trailer No. 30 at 1212 Butte Road and found a man and a woman dead, along with “several dead domestic animals.”

Those killed have been identified as Hazel Piper, 70, and Harvard Piper, 50.

Their deaths have been ruled accidental. A neighbor told CBS4 they are mother and son.

Investigators said the home had a smoke detector but the battery had been disconnected.

Officials aren’t saying how much damage the fire did to the home, but said with the homes so close together in park it’s fortunate no other home caught on fire.

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,395 other followers