Woman Pleads Guilty To Hit & Run That Killed 85-Year-Old Man
DENVER (CBS4) – The driver in a hit-and-run crash that killed an 85-year-old man pleaded guilty to vehicular homicide on Thursday.
Latoya Nelson, 29, was accused of vehicular homicide and leaving the scene of an accident. Investigators say on March 27 she ran a red light at 13th and Kalamath, hit a car and ran off.
Charlie Herrera, who was 85 years old at the time, was killed.
Nelson was also charged with assault for allegedly backing into another car and nearly running over a security guard at a nearby Burger King parking lot before the crash.
Nelson could get up to 12 years in prison when sentenced in February.
More Latoya Nelson Stories
- Woman Guilty In Fatal Hit & Run Breaks Down After Sentencing
- Woman Pleads Guilty To Hit & Run That Killed 85-Year-Old Man
- Driver Now Faces Vehicular Homicide In Crash That Killed Great-Grandfather
- Family Of Hit & Run Victim Devastated By Their Loss
- Driver Arrested In Deadly Hit & Run At Kalamath & 13th Ave.