Man Injured In Propane Explosion During Pool Construction

CHERRY HILLS VILLAGE, Colo. (CBS4)– One man was injured in a propane explosion that happened during construction of a backyard pool in Cherry Hills Village.

The explosion happened Thursday morning in the 2600 block of E. Stanford Drive in Cherry Hills. The worker was rushed to Swedish Medical Center with burns.

South Metro Firefighters rushed to the home.

The worker was part of a construction crew working on a pool in the backyard. They were using propane tanks to keep the equipment warm overnight. When the man lit the heater it blew up in his face.

Firefighters said one of the tanks had been leaking and that’s what is believed to have caused the explosion.

Other damage from the explosion included a melted tarp and some burned materials. No one inside the home was hurt. The home was not damaged.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Denver

Marijuana In Colorado: Talking With Youth

Listen Live

AM/FM Stations

Featured Shows & Multimedia