cbs4

Local

Explosion At Apartment Complex Injures Man

View Comments
(credit: CBS)

(credit: CBS)

Get CBS4 News Updates In Your Inbox

Sign up for News, Sports, Broncos and Health Emails.
Sign Up

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) — Colorado Springs police say a man trying to make hash oil with a butane torch in his bathroom caused an explosion that significantly damaged his apartment.

Police say the man left the Grandview Apartment before they arrived on Saturday, but authorities said he was found later and taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.

Police said the investigation is continuing and no arrests have been made.

Investigators say the man was using the torch to make the oil in his bathroom.

(TM and © Copyright 2013 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2013 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus