Broomfield’s Fracking Vote Recount Results Are In
BROOMFIELD, Colo. (CBS4) – The recount is complete on Broomfield’s fracking vote.
The recount shows Broomfield voters approved a ban on fracking within the city limits for the next five years by 20 votes.
Broomfield joins Boulder, Fort Collins and Lafayette with bans passed by voters last month.
The pro-fracking Colorado Oil & Gas Association has now filed suit, challenging results in three out of four of the communities, including Broomfield.
More Fracking Stories
- Keystone Vote A Microcosm Of Oil Energy Battle
- Colorado Families Split As Workers Leave For North Dakota
- 1 Killed, 2 Hurt At Weld County Fracking Site
- Boulder County Drilling Moratorium Up For Vote
- What To Expect From Colorado’s Divided Legislature
- In Bid To Keep Office, Hickenlooper Touts Strong Economy, Pragmatic Compromise
- Beauprez Pins State’s Success To Local Control, Hands-Off Government