BROOMFIELD, Colo. (CBS4) – The recount is complete on Broomfield’s fracking vote.
The recount shows Broomfield voters approved a ban on fracking within the city limits for the next five years by 20 votes.
Broomfield joins Boulder, Fort Collins and Lafayette with bans passed by voters last month.
The pro-fracking Colorado Oil & Gas Association has now filed suit, challenging results in three out of four of the communities, including Broomfield.
More Fracking Stories
- State Supreme Court’s Fracking Ruling Will Have Dramatic Impact On Limiting Efforts
- Colorado Supreme Court Strikes Down Local Fracking Bans
- Colorado House Defeats Local Control Fracking Bill
- Governor Meets With Petroleum Institute President On Oil & Gas Regulations
- Fracking Ballot Initiative Gets State OK For Petition Drive
- Colorado House Advances Fracking-Quake Bill
- Greeley City Council Approves Oil & Gas Well Drilling Near Homes