BROOMFIELD, Colo. (CBS4) – The recount is complete on Broomfield’s fracking vote.
The recount shows Broomfield voters approved a ban on fracking within the city limits for the next five years by 20 votes.
Broomfield joins Boulder, Fort Collins and Lafayette with bans passed by voters last month.
The pro-fracking Colorado Oil & Gas Association has now filed suit, challenging results in three out of four of the communities, including Broomfield.
More Fracking Stories
- A Lot Of Interesting Legislation On The Table, But State Budget Will Be The Big Battle
- Fracking Battle Goes To Colorado’s Supreme Court
- Demonstrators Block BLM Office Entrance To Protest Mineral Rights Auction
- Hickenlooper Tests AG Coffman’s Power To Sue Federal Government
- Judge Blocks Federal Oil, Gas Drilling Rules Pending Lawsuit
- Colorado, Other Drilling States Guided On Handling Quakes
- Nebraska Oil Commission Praised, Panned After Hearing Over Colorado Company