Broomfield’s Fracking Vote Recount Results Are In
BROOMFIELD, Colo. (CBS4) – The recount is complete on Broomfield’s fracking vote.
The recount shows Broomfield voters approved a ban on fracking within the city limits for the next five years by 20 votes.
Broomfield joins Boulder, Fort Collins and Lafayette with bans passed by voters last month.
The pro-fracking Colorado Oil & Gas Association has now filed suit, challenging results in three out of four of the communities, including Broomfield.
More Fracking Stories
- Scientists Launch Study Of Emissions Over Fracking Sites
- Democrats Reintroduce ‘Frack Pack’ Oil And Gas Regulations
- USGS: More Data Needed To Assess Any Fracking-Pollution Link
- Fracking Task Force Proposals Sets the Starting Bell for Ballot Issues
- Group Backs Off Plan To Put Fracking Ban On Colorado Ballot
- Keystone XL Veto Could Make A Case Against Fracking
- Colorado House Rejects Drill-Limit Penalties