BROOMFIELD, Colo. (CBS4) – The recount is complete on Broomfield’s fracking vote.
The recount shows Broomfield voters approved a ban on fracking within the city limits for the next five years by 20 votes.
Broomfield joins Boulder, Fort Collins and Lafayette with bans passed by voters last month.
The pro-fracking Colorado Oil & Gas Association has now filed suit, challenging results in three out of four of the communities, including Broomfield.
More Fracking Stories
- Fracking Protesters Wear Face Masks During Oil & Gas Meeting
- Appeals Court Sidesteps Decision On US Fracking Regulations
- No Opposition From Trump As Obama Drilling Rules Contested
- Activists To Oil And Gas Commission: ‘You Have Blood On Your Hands’
- Recall Effort Targeting City Councilman Fails In Broomfield
- Boulder County Asks Judge To Toss Drilling Moratorium Suit
- City Council Puts Fracking Moratorium On Hold