BROOMFIELD, Colo. (CBS4) – The recount is complete on Broomfield’s fracking vote.
The recount shows Broomfield voters approved a ban on fracking within the city limits for the next five years by 20 votes.
Broomfield joins Boulder, Fort Collins and Lafayette with bans passed by voters last month.
The pro-fracking Colorado Oil & Gas Association has now filed suit, challenging results in three out of four of the communities, including Broomfield.
More Fracking Stories
- Broomfield Delays Vote On Oil & Gas Development Moratorium
- Meeting About Fracking Proposals Could Get Heated
- No Appeal Planned After Oil, Gas Rules Kept Off Ballot
- Colorado Oil And Gas Proposals Fall Short On Signatures
- 2 Anti-Fracking Proposals May Not Make It On Ballot
- Empty Petition Boxes Put Anti-Fracking Initiatives In Doubt
- Colorado Could Have 11 Initiatives On The November Ballot