Broomfield’s Fracking Vote Recount Results Are In
BROOMFIELD, Colo. (CBS4) – The recount is complete on Broomfield’s fracking vote.
The recount shows Broomfield voters approved a ban on fracking within the city limits for the next five years by 20 votes.
Broomfield joins Boulder, Fort Collins and Lafayette with bans passed by voters last month.
The pro-fracking Colorado Oil & Gas Association has now filed suit, challenging results in three out of four of the communities, including Broomfield.
More Fracking Stories
- Local Fracking Bans Could Go Before Colorado High Court Soon
- Southern Ute Indian Tribe Challenges New Federal Fracking Rule
- Earthquakes Near Colorado Wastewater Well Decrease
- EPA: No Widespread Harm To Drinking Water From Fracking
- Rare Joint Appearance: Hickenlooper, Gardner Address Future Of Oil & Gas
- Report: Man-Made Earthquakes Shake Over A Dozen Areas In US
- Report: Colorado Among Areas Shaken By Man-Made Earthquakes