BROOMFIELD, Colo. (CBS4) – The recount is complete on Broomfield’s fracking vote.
The recount shows Broomfield voters approved a ban on fracking within the city limits for the next five years by 20 votes.
Broomfield joins Boulder, Fort Collins and Lafayette with bans passed by voters last month.
The pro-fracking Colorado Oil & Gas Association has now filed suit, challenging results in three out of four of the communities, including Broomfield.
More Fracking Stories
- Boulder County Asks Judge To Toss Drilling Moratorium Suit
- City Council Puts Fracking Moratorium On Hold
- Broomfield To Debate Moratorium On Oil, Gas Development
- Lawmakers Deny AG Office’s Budget Request Following Fracking Lawsuit
- Colorado Attorney General Sues County On Drilling Moratorium
- Fight Over Fracking Leads To Funding Question For AG’s Office
- Broomfield Delays Vote On Oil & Gas Development Moratorium