Broomfield’s Fracking Vote Recount Results Are In
BROOMFIELD, Colo. (CBS4) – The recount is complete on Broomfield’s fracking vote.
The recount shows Broomfield voters approved a ban on fracking within the city limits for the next five years by 20 votes.
Broomfield joins Boulder, Fort Collins and Lafayette with bans passed by voters last month.
The pro-fracking Colorado Oil & Gas Association has now filed suit, challenging results in three out of four of the communities, including Broomfield.
More Fracking Stories
- Report: Man-Made Earthquakes Shake Over A Dozen Areas In US
- Report: Colorado Among Areas Shaken By Man-Made Earthquakes
- Explosion Cleanup Is A Priority For Oil & Gas Commission
- Fire Department Opts To Let Tank Fire In Weld County Burn Itself Out
- This Week: Robin Williams Is Protected & Maya Angelou Gets Stamped
- Jeb Bush Says Colorado Would Be A Great Place To Announce His Candidacy
- Scientists Launch Study Of Emissions Over Fracking Sites