Broomfield’s Fracking Vote Recount Results Are In
BROOMFIELD, Colo. (CBS4) – The recount is complete on Broomfield’s fracking vote.
The recount shows Broomfield voters approved a ban on fracking within the city limits for the next five years by 20 votes.
Broomfield joins Boulder, Fort Collins and Lafayette with bans passed by voters last month.
The pro-fracking Colorado Oil & Gas Association has now filed suit, challenging results in three out of four of the communities, including Broomfield.
More Fracking Stories
- Fracking Bans Could Affect Retirees Relying On Mineral Rights
- State Lawmakers Gear Up For Battle Over Fracking
- Greeley Oil And Gas Meeting Draws Intense Interest From Industry, Residents
- Governor’s Drilling Task Force Meeting In Greeley
- Hickenlooper To Deliver State Of The State Address
- 2014 Political Year in Review: Hype Giving Way to Normalcy
- Colorado GOP Push For Payment During Fracking Bans