Broomfield’s Fracking Vote Recount Results Are In
BROOMFIELD, Colo. (CBS4) – The recount is complete on Broomfield’s fracking vote.
The recount shows Broomfield voters approved a ban on fracking within the city limits for the next five years by 20 votes.
Broomfield joins Boulder, Fort Collins and Lafayette with bans passed by voters last month.
The pro-fracking Colorado Oil & Gas Association has now filed suit, challenging results in three out of four of the communities, including Broomfield.
More Fracking Stories
- Erie Town Trustees Green Light 13 New Oil & Gas Wells
- Erie Expected To Approve Construction Of 13 New Oil & Gas Wells
- Oil And Gas Regulators Vote To Dismiss Longmont Fracking Suit
- Hickenlooper: Legislation On Fracking Crucial
- Fracking Compromise May Create a Bigger Fight in 2016
- Anti-Fracking Activists Tell Rep. Polis They’re Upset With Compromise
- Hickenlooper, Polis Fracking Compromise Would Pull Ballot Measures