New Details Emerge As Melissa Miller Pleads Guilty To Killing Annie Meyer
FAIRPLAY, Colo. (CBS4) – The family of a Wheat Ridge woman who was murdered is relieved after her accused killer pleaded guilty in a plea deal on Wednesday in Park County.
Melissa Miller pleaded guilty to second-degree murder of her roommate, Leanne “Annie” Meyer. Also heard in court were key details into how Meyer died and a confession by Miller.
Miller’s family and more than 40 members of Meyer’s family and friends were in court for the proceedings. Two members of both Meyer’s family and Miller’s family addressed the court.
After hearing from both sides the judge immediately handed down Miller’s sentence of 20 years in prison.
“It’s a good day. I think Melissa got what she deserved,” Annie Meyer’s mother Pat Meyer said. “My family is happy that we didn’t have to go through a trial; and all of her friends, all of the support we had, we couldn’t have done it without everybody.”
Miller’s public defender revealed details about Meyer’s death never before released to the public, claiming Miller struck a single blow to Meyer and caused her death.
Miller’s arrest affidavit was also released for the first time Wednesday, revealing Miller’s confession to the murder. She claimed the two had an argument in Bailey and Miller hit her over the head with a walking stick, killing her.
Miller’s family addressed the court in her defense but declined any interviews with the media. Miller’s public defender asked the Miller family not to comment.
Along with the 20-year prison sentence Miller was also ordered to pay restitution to the family. She has 45 days to file an appeal.
More Annie Meyer Stories
- New Details Emerge As Melissa Miller Pleads Guilty To Killing Annie Meyer
- Family Of Murdered Wheat Ridge Woman To Face Suspect In Court
- Former Roommate Expected To Make Plea Deal In Wheat Ridge Woman’s Murder
- Meyer’s Friends, Family Gather To Take Part In Rock ‘N’ Roll Marathon
- Park County Judge Ups Murder Charge For Melissa Miller
- Friends & Family Celebrate The Life Of Annie Meyer
- Formal Charges Still Weeks Away For Melissa Miller