Highway 34 Slated To Re-Open Earlier Than Expected
LOVELAND, Colo. (CBS4) – Another major highway closed due to flood damage will open early.
The re-opening for U.S. Highway 34 between Estes Park and Loveland is set for next Thursday, more than a week early. It’s one of the major routes to Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park.
Only Highway 7 through Allenspark to Estes Park remains closed. The goal is to have that open by Dec. 1.
Colorado Floods: How To Help
The recent floods are impacting families and communities throughout Colorado, so CBS4 has compiled a list of ways you can support the local communities impacted by the floods.
More September Flooding Stories
- Hickenlooper Helps Flood-Damaged Towns Move Forward Faster
- Hickenlooper To Announce New Flood Aid Process
- Highway 36 Closed Between Lyons & Estes Park For More Repairs
- East Coast Teen Volunteers Help Fill Sandbags In Lyons
- More Water Restored To Residents Of Jamestown
- Rockygrass Festival Sign Of Recovery For Lyons
- Devastating Flooding Subject Of New Documentary