LOVELAND, Colo. (CBS4) – Another major highway closed due to flood damage will open early.
The re-opening for U.S. Highway 34 between Estes Park and Loveland is set for next Thursday, more than a week early. It’s one of the major routes to Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park.
Only Highway 7 through Allenspark to Estes Park remains closed. The goal is to have that open by Dec. 1.
Colorado Floods: How To Help
The recent floods are impacting families and communities throughout Colorado, so CBS4 has compiled a list of ways you can support the local communities impacted by the floods.
More September Flooding Stories
- Small Town Ravaged By Historic Floods Still Needs Help
- Controversy In Lyons: FBI Checking Into Flood Recovery Funds
- Questions Surround Federal Probe Into Lyons Flood Funding
- Flood Damage Repair Work Blamed For Massive Fish Kill On Big Thompson River
- No Federal Funding For Front Range Disaster Projects
- Engineers Enjoy Unique Situation During Scheduled Maintenance On Bear Creek Dam
- New Drainage System At Heron Lake Keeps Flooding From Longmont