Highway 34 Slated To Re-Open Earlier Than Expected
LOVELAND, Colo. (CBS4) – Another major highway closed due to flood damage will open early.
The re-opening for U.S. Highway 34 between Estes Park and Loveland is set for next Thursday, more than a week early. It’s one of the major routes to Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park.
Only Highway 7 through Allenspark to Estes Park remains closed. The goal is to have that open by Dec. 1.
Colorado Floods: How To Help
The recent floods are impacting families and communities throughout Colorado, so CBS4 has compiled a list of ways you can support the local communities impacted by the floods.
More September Flooding Stories
- Highway 34 Near Greeley Gets Repairs More Than A Year After Flooding
- Work On New Bridge Starts On U.S. 34 Near Greeley
- Hickenlooper Issues Flood Recovery Report
- FEMA Demands Money Back From Flood Victims
- Loveland’s ‘Cowboy Church’ Marks 1 Year Flood Anniversary
- Lyons Community Comes Together 1 Year After Floods
- Riverside Park Lake Reopening Marks Milestone For Flood-Ravaged Evans