Highway 34 Slated To Re-Open Earlier Than Expected
LOVELAND, Colo. (CBS4) – Another major highway closed due to flood damage will open early.
The re-opening for U.S. Highway 34 between Estes Park and Loveland is set for next Thursday, more than a week early. It’s one of the major routes to Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park.
Only Highway 7 through Allenspark to Estes Park remains closed. The goal is to have that open by Dec. 1.
Colorado Floods: How To Help
The recent floods are impacting families and communities throughout Colorado, so CBS4 has compiled a list of ways you can support the local communities impacted by the floods.
More September Flooding Stories
- Longmont Fire Engine’s Legacy To Live On In Children’s Book
- Battle Over Flood Aid Roils Colorado Senate Race
- Red Cross Volunteer From Loveland Heading To Washington Wildfires
- Highway 36 Closed For Repairs Between Lyons, Estes Park
- Coal Creek Golf Course To Get Makeover Following The Floods
- Hickenlooper Helps Flood-Damaged Towns Move Forward Faster
- Hickenlooper To Announce New Flood Aid Process