Highway 34 Slated To Re-Open Earlier Than Expected
LOVELAND, Colo. (CBS4) – Another major highway closed due to flood damage will open early.
The re-opening for U.S. Highway 34 between Estes Park and Loveland is set for next Thursday, more than a week early. It’s one of the major routes to Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park.
Only Highway 7 through Allenspark to Estes Park remains closed. The goal is to have that open by Dec. 1.
Colorado Floods: How To Help
The recent floods are impacting families and communities throughout Colorado, so CBS4 has compiled a list of ways you can support the local communities impacted by the floods.
More September Flooding Stories
- Rising Bear Creek Giving Evergreen Residents Flashbacks From 2013
- ‘Not Expecting This': Bear Creek Lake Getting Close To 2013 Flood Levels
- Local Museum Hit By 2013 Flood Bracing For This Week’s Crest
- Flood Restoration Crews: ‘Total Disaster’ With Water Damage
- Flooding St. Vrain River Forces Evacuations, Road Closures
- As Creek Levels Rise, Evergreen Residents Concerned
- Flooding Concerns Surface For Some Boulder Residents After Rain, Snow