Free To Military On Veterans Day
DENVER (AP/CBS4) – Veterans and active military personnel will get free admission to Colorado state parks on Veterans Day, Nov. 11.
Gov. John Hickenlooper said Tuesday the offer is open to veterans, active-duty personnel, Reserve and National Guard members and their families. Identification and proof of service are required.
The free visits are available at all 42 state parks except for St. Vrain State Park, which is closed until spring because of flood damage. Access is limited at Eldorado Canyon State Park because of flood damage.
Other Free Offers For Veterans On Veterans Day
- All Texas Roadhouse restaurants – lunch only
- Ameristar Resort in Black Hawk – lunch or dinner
- Rialto Café in Denver – free entree and non-alcoholic drink
- Ignite in Denver – free entree and non-alcoholic drink
- Woody’s Tavern in Denver and Arvada – free entree and non-alcoholic drink
- All Twin Peaks restaurants – lunch or dinner
- Rocky Mountain National Park – free adminssion for all visitors Saturday through Monday
(TM and © Copyright 2013 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2012 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)