Malnourished Children Case Moves Forward
DENVER (CBS4) – The case against parents accused of child abuse is moving forward.
Wayne Sperling, 66, and Lorinda Bailey, 36, both appeared in court on Tuesday.
Doctors found their boys, ages 2 and 6, malnourished, not toilet trained and living in filth in their Denver home last month.
A criminal complaint shows that Sperling had been issued a summons in 2006 for three counts of child neglect which is a misdemeanor. A special investigator is looking into the case to see if the children’s situation was handled properly by child welfare workers.
More Malnourished Children Case Stories
- Court Date Set For Couple Accused Of Starving Their Children
- Couple Accused Of Starving Their Children Plead Not Guilty
- No Visits For Couple Accused Of Starving 4 Kids
- Pleas Postponed In Case Of Malnourished Children
- Malnourished Children Case Moves Forward
- Special Investigator Assigned To Child Abuse Case Involving 4 Siblings
- Children At Center Of Abuse Investigation May Struggle To Adapt To Outside World