LARIMER COUNTY, Colo. (CBS4) – It’s not often that two culverts will delight county commissioners, but they can after a flood.
Larimer County Commissioner Steve Johnson posted a picture on Facebook. The county bought the two box culverts for $10 each from Denver International Airport.
DIA wasn’t using the culverts.
The Army Corps Of Engineers installed the culverts for free on Highway 36 near Pinewood Springs. It was part of the project to rebuild the highway.
More September Flooding Stories
- Colorado Agencies Remember Historic Flooding Ahead Of Irma
- First Flooding, Now Fire: Firefighter Faces Off With Mother Nature Again
- Road Destroyed In 2013 Flooding Reopens To Traffic
- Small Town Ravaged By Historic Floods Still Needs Help
- Controversy In Lyons: FBI Checking Into Flood Recovery Funds
- Questions Surround Federal Probe Into Lyons Flood Funding
- Flood Damage Repair Work Blamed For Massive Fish Kill On Big Thompson River