LARIMER COUNTY, Colo. (CBS4) – It’s not often that two culverts will delight county commissioners, but they can after a flood.
Larimer County Commissioner Steve Johnson posted a picture on Facebook. The county bought the two box culverts for $10 each from Denver International Airport.
DIA wasn’t using the culverts.
The Army Corps Of Engineers installed the culverts for free on Highway 36 near Pinewood Springs. It was part of the project to rebuild the highway.
More September Flooding Stories
- Small Town Ravaged By Historic Floods Still Needs Help
- Controversy In Lyons: FBI Checking Into Flood Recovery Funds
- Questions Surround Federal Probe Into Lyons Flood Funding
- Flood Damage Repair Work Blamed For Massive Fish Kill On Big Thompson River
- No Federal Funding For Front Range Disaster Projects
- Engineers Enjoy Unique Situation During Scheduled Maintenance On Bear Creek Dam
- New Drainage System At Heron Lake Keeps Flooding From Longmont