LARIMER COUNTY, Colo. (CBS4) – It’s not often that two culverts will delight county commissioners, but they can after a flood.
Larimer County Commissioner Steve Johnson posted a picture on Facebook. The county bought the two box culverts for $10 each from Denver International Airport.
DIA wasn’t using the culverts.
The Army Corps Of Engineers installed the culverts for free on Highway 36 near Pinewood Springs. It was part of the project to rebuild the highway.
More September Flooding Stories
- HUD Will Provide $63M For Colorado Flood Recovery
- Lakewood High Students Donate $9,000 To Flood & Fire Victims
- Gilpin County Flood Victims Hope Governor’s Visit Helps Bring Aid
- FEMA, Longmont Contradictions Leave Some Residents In Limbo
- Flood Victims Of Jamestown Thankful For Weekly Reunions
- Last Colorado Highway Closed By Floods Reopens
- Helping Those In Need A Bigger Challenge This Holiday Season