LARIMER COUNTY, Colo. (CBS4) – It’s not often that two culverts will delight county commissioners, but they can after a flood.
Larimer County Commissioner Steve Johnson posted a picture on Facebook. The county bought the two box culverts for $10 each from Denver International Airport.
DIA wasn’t using the culverts.
The Army Corps Of Engineers installed the culverts for free on Highway 36 near Pinewood Springs. It was part of the project to rebuild the highway.
More September Flooding Stories
- Engineers Enjoy Unique Situation During Scheduled Maintenance On Bear Creek Dam
- New Drainage System At Heron Lake Keeps Flooding From Longmont
- Old Fall River Road In RMNP Opens For First Time Since 2013 Flooding
- Rising Bear Creek Giving Evergreen Residents Flashbacks From 2013
- ‘Not Expecting This’: Bear Creek Lake Getting Close To 2013 Flood Levels
- Local Museum Hit By 2013 Flood Bracing For This Week’s Crest
- Flood Restoration Crews: ‘Total Disaster’ With Water Damage