LYONS, Colo. (CBS4) – Some people who live in Lyons will be able to move back home on Saturday.
Lyons was one of the hardest hit areas by the flooding. Although residents haven’t been kept out recently, they were missing basic services like running water and working sewer systems.
On Saturday utility crews will be following families as they return home and hooking up their gas lines once water and sewer have been restored.
Colorado Floods: How To Help
The recent floods are impacting families and communities throughout Colorado, so CBS4 has compiled a list of ways you can support the local communities impacted by the floods.
More Flooding Stories
- Small Town Ravaged By Historic Floods Still Needs Help
- Controversy In Lyons: FBI Checking Into Flood Recovery Funds
- Questions Surround Federal Probe Into Lyons Flood Funding
- Flood Damage Repair Work Blamed For Massive Fish Kill On Big Thompson River
- No Federal Funding For Front Range Disaster Projects
- Engineers Enjoy Unique Situation During Scheduled Maintenance On Bear Creek Dam
- New Drainage System At Heron Lake Keeps Flooding From Longmont