Broncos Fans Need To Know New Stadium Rules
DENVER (CBS4) – Broncos fans planning on going to the game this Saturday at Sports Authority Field at Mile High should plan on leaving big bags at home.
The rules are changing for fans. Trying to get everyone in the game in a safe and expeditious manner is the goal at all Broncos games. But in order for that to happen, fans have got to know what they can and cannot take to the stadium.
First and foremost look at everything you normally take to games and ask yourself, “Is it absolutely necessary?” Or could you leave it at home? Travel as light as possible and if you can get away without bringing a bag to the stadium, then don’t bring a bag. There will be express lanes set up for fans without any bags, speeding your entry significantly.
– Each fan may carry one bag that is clear plastic, or vinyl, no larger than 12x6x12 inches, or a one-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar).
– Fans may also carry a small clutch bag or purse approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap, subject to search.
– Each member of a family, including children, will be able to carry an approved clear bag and a clutch purse.
– Diaper bags will not be permitted.
– It’s strongly recommended that blankets be carried over the shoulder so that they may be quickly screened.
– Small cameras, binoculars and cellphones are acceptable if carried in loosely or in an approved clear bag.
– Traditional stadium seat pads are permitted as long as they do not exceed 18 inches wide and contain no pockets, zippers or concealable areas.
The Broncos policy, which is being implemented in each of the league’s 31 stadiums, will take effect starting with the Broncos’ first home preseason game on Aug. 24.
Prior to the first preseason game the Broncos will be shipping a pre-approved clear, vinyl tote bag to every season ticket holder. The bags are expected to arrive in mailboxes sometime this week.
There are no provisions to check items at the gates. Fans will be asked to either take prohibited items back to their car or dispose of prohibited items at the gate. There are more than 25,000 fans that use public transportation to get to the game. It’s essential those who come by light rail know of the policy and are prepared because they won’t have a vehicle to return any prohibited item to.
LINK: View The Rules