ELLICOTT, Colo. (CBS4) – Two children from Ellicott are out of the hospital after an explosion.
A 12-year-old boy and a 13-year-old girl were flown to a Denver hospital to be treated for burns after the incident, which happened late Wednesday night.
Their grandmother called the explosion a freak accident. She says someone was cooking on a propane stove outside the home when it happened.
Police have not yet determined if it was a gas leak that caused the blast and if it was connected to the stove.
A 20-year-old woman was also hurt.