cbs4

Local

Englewood Firefighters Rescue, Resuscitate Dog After Kitchen Fire

View Comments
A firefighter providing the dog with oxygen (credit: Englewood Fire Department)

A firefighter providing the dog with oxygen (credit: Englewood Fire Department)

ELNGLEWOOD, Colo. (CBS4) – Firefighters in Englewood rescued a dog after a kitchen fire broke out at a duplex on Monday.

According to the Englewood Fire Department, firefighters were dispatched after a call about the kitchen fire after 10 a.m.

“On arrival, light smoke was showing from a two-story duplex. Occupants were evacuated and told firefighters on scene that it was a kitchen fire and that all the people were out of the building with the exception of a dog located somewhere inside,” the department said in a statement.

Firefighters were able to locate and resuscitate the dog. The dog was taken to a nearby veterinary clinic and was held for a 24-hour observation for smoke inhalation. The dog is reportedly doing well.

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus