Large Fire Breaks Out At Boulder Condo Complex
BOULDER, Colo. (CBS4) – Crews worked to gain control of a fire at a Boulder condo complex that broke out Monday afternoon on a deck and then spread.
Firefighters were still putting out some hot spots Monday evening at the complex located in the 4100 block of 47th Street. Police said the building had to be evacuated and nobody was hurt.
A neighbor said he saw the fire start at a grill on the deck of one unit and then heard a loud roar that he described like a jet engine. It’s believed a propane tank may have exploded.
“I heard a loud bang, so I came out back around and there was fire coming from the whole porch through the roof,” neighbor Marsha Stern said.
Firefighters were still investigating where the fire started and what sparked the blaze.