FORT COLLINS, Colo. (AP) — Authorities say a resident accidentally started a 2-square-mile wildfire in Larimer County last month, and no criminal charges will be filed.
The Larimer County district attorney’s office said Wednesday the resident was working on an electric fence on March 15 when a spark ignited dried grass.
The resident, who wasn’t identified, tried to douse the fire with a hose and asked someone else to call 911.
No homes were reported damaged. The fire prompted some evacuations, but residents were allowed to return the next day.
The fire was near Horsetooth Reservoir west of Fort Collins.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)