Neighbor Helps Rescue Elderly Man From Fire In Fort Collins

FORT COLLINS, Colo. (CBS4) – The quick actions of a Fort Collins utility worker may have helped save the life of an elderly man from a house fire on Tuesday.

Poudre Fire Authority says the fire started in the garage of a home on West Stuart Street at approximately 1 p.m.

Investigators believe the elderly homeowner may have been trying to start a wood burning stove in the garage when it sparked. It quickly spread into the attic of the home.

Neighbor Lonny Nickless noticed the fire and stopped to help out.

“I heard this lady inside, so I went inside the garage and she was trying to get an older gentleman out,” Nickless said. “She said she was the caretaker and he wouldn’t come out. So we got him out of there and we came around the side and the garage was just engulfed in flames.”

The homeowner was treated on scene.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Denver

NEWS TEAM
Send A News Tip

Listen Live

AM/FM Stations

Featured Shows & Multimedia