Woman Believes Her Show Dog May Have Been Poisoned

DENVER (CBS4) – The owner of a show dog that died suspects her pet may have been poisoned at the famed Westminster Kennel Club show the week before.

Tree-year-old “Cruz” died while in Colorado for a dog show in Lakewood last month, and while there’s no evidence foul play was involved, the dog’s owner says symptoms were consistent with dogs who ingest rat or mouse poison.

The dog’s handler told the New York Times animal rights activists may be to blame, but PETA said that accusation makes no sense.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Denver

NEWS TEAM
BRONCOS CENTRAL

Listen Live

AM/FM Stations

Featured Shows & Multimedia