House In Douglas County Goes Up In Flames

SEDALIA, Colo. (CBS4) – Everyone escaped safely from a house in Sedalia that caught on fire on Tuesday before dawn.

Firefighters said the homeowner had started a fire in a wood burning stove and they believe the fire started in the chimney of the house, located in a rural area at 705 Coronado Drive.

When firefighters got to the home flames were shooting out of the roof. One fire official said the cold and the location of the home complicated the firefight, but they were still able to get the blaze out relatively quickly.

“The main problem is it takes a little bit of extra time getting up the driveway with apparatus, and establishing water supply 600 to 700 feet away, giving water to the fire truck,” said Rick Snyder, chief of the Jackson 105 Fire Department.

Five people live in the home and they are staying with relatives. One cat died in the fire.

Copter4 captured the following images of the fire:

(credit: CBS)


(credit: CBS)


(credit: CBS)
(credit: CBS)


(credit: CBS)


(credit: CBS)


Comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Denver

NEWS TEAM
BRONCOS CENTRAL

Listen Live

AM/FM Stations

Featured Shows & Multimedia