Air Academy H.S. Student Gets Sick After Eating Pot Brownies
Get CBS4 News Updates In Your Inbox
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (CBS4)- An Air Academy High School student was rushed to the hospital Wednesday morning after she became ill and admitted to eating pot-laced brownies.
The girl became ill at about 9:40 a.m. Wednesday. She was taken to Memorial Hospital in Colorado Springs.
The school was investigating the incident and notified law enforcement.
The girl allegedly told El Paso County Sheriff’s deputies that eating the brownies was a planned event and that she was aware they may have contained marijuana.
RELATED STORY: Dispensary Owner Says Marijuana Edibles Are Not For Amateurs
The sheriff’s office confirmed that there was pot in the brownies. The search continues for the male student who provided the girl with the brownies.
What symptoms the girl was suffering from were not immediately released.
Air Academy High School is a public high school that serves the northwestern end of Colorado Springs.