Church Fire Caused By Malfunctioning Heating Unit On Roof
DENVER (CBS4)- Firefighters rushed to The Potter’s House of Denver Wednesday afternoon. There was a lot of smoke billowing from the church roof.
Fire investigators from Cunningham Fire said the fire was caused by a malfunctioning air conditioning/heating unit on the roof.
The Potter’s House of Denver is located at 9495 Florida Ave. in Denver.
The damage was limited to the roof and a ballroom below has minor water damage.
The church sanctuary and most of the church was not damaged.
Firefighters were able to reach the church quickly because there is a nearby fire station. That’s where firefighters were undergoing a major training exercise on Wednesday.
When they received the call, a large amount of firefighters was available to rush to the church to put out the fire. The first unit arrived in just 3½ minutes.
Gusting winds could have made the situation much worse in just a short amount of time.