COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (CBS4) – A mother in Colorado Springs is considering a move after a stray bullet smashed into her TV.
The incident happened in Shirae Hines’ apartment. She was watching Disney movies with her best friend and her children Saturday evening when they heard a boom.
“A few seconds later I looked and I saw a hole in the television, and then when I saw the stuff fall from the ceiling I looked up and saw a hole in the wall,” Hines said. “I kind of went into shock.”
Hines’ friend called 911. No one was hurt. The girls narrowly missed being hit because they had just walked in front of the TV.
Police arrested the woman who lives upstairs on a variety of misdemeanor charges, but say the gun discharged accidentally.