WINE, WOMEN & FOOTBALL: Got your ticket yet for this year's event featuring seven Broncos players? (More Info)

City Releases Results After Denver Rescue Mission Illness

DENVER (CBS4) – Two weeks ago several people became sick after eating at the Denver Rescue Mission. Now the city has released the results from their investigation into what happened.

The city found that the bacteria that caused the problem lives in human nasal passages.

Dozens of people were taken to the hospital on July 22 after eating at the Lawrence Street shelter. Denver Health officials found improper food temperatures and hygienic practices were contributing factors. Specifically, the rapid cooling and reheating of smoked turkey and a bacteria that lives on human skin and in the nose.

The Denver Rescue Mission conducted its own investigation and found similar results.

The city believes it was an isolated incident.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Denver


Listen Live

AM/FM Stations

Featured Shows & Multimedia