DENVER (CBS4) – Hazardous materials crews were called out to Gold Star Sausage in Denver on Saturday after reports of an ammonia smell coming from the building.
When crews arrived they noticed a strong odor coming from the back of the building. They isolated the leak to an ammonia gas pump that may have been used for refrigeration purposes.
Investigators are trying to determine if the company was in compliance with hazardous materials regulations.
Ammonia can be dangerous when inhaled or if it comes in contact with skin. Nobody was injured.