ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (CBS4) – Investigators in Englewood say a window air conditioner started a house fire on Tuesday.
No people were home when the fire roared through a small home at 2957 S. Fox.
There was a dog inside — firefighters carried Tasha to safety.
The fire badly damaged the home’s interior and also spread to the basement.
Amanda Vroomen, a neighbor, told CBS4 she looked out her window and saw the fire.
“There were flames coming out my window and there were flames coming out my front door,” Vroomen said. “I was very concerned for my safety.”
Firefighters from Littleton and Englewood responded to the fire.