5 Easy Steps To Revamp & Refresh Any Denver Home
Are you ready for a change? Do you need to revamp the look in your home? Well, look no further. There are several ways to make your home look new and refreshed with some of these ideas.
1. Furniture Assessment: First, look at your furniture. Something as simple as fresh paint or staining can turn your outdated dining-room table into a chic and modern eating area. If it’s the couches that need an upgrade, simply choose a color and material that suits the taste of your new desired look and purchase a slipcover that sticks to this theme.
2. Display Photographs: Most people have boxes of old photos. A great idea is to take some of those old photos and frame them. You can find picture frames in every style, size and color imaginable. Once the photos are framed, hang them on the wall to create a collage. This is a great way to capture the memories in an artistic and creative way.
3. Check for Antiques: Maybe you have some antique plates or other items that have become vintage and are worth displaying. Look around your home and see what you have. Showing your individual style can be as simple as purchasing some wall hangers at your local hardware store. Take a trip to the basement or garage and see what has been stored away for years. You may find something like an old chest from your childhood that could make for a great side table.
4. Upgrade Your Handles: Another great way to add something special to your home is by purchasing new handles for your cabinets. Handles come in a wide variety, and a gaudy, exaggerated new grip could be just the facelift your kitchen needs. If looking to tone down the feel of a room, choose a handle option that complements the color scheme of the room, tying in aspects from pieces like chairs, tables and paintings.
5. Brighten Up Your Lights: Look at your lamps. Do they need to be brightened up? If so, purchase some new lamp shades to add depth to a room. A simple switch out of designs can create an entirely new look and feel of a room. Cool things down with darker shades or a dimmer light bulb. This can instantly make the bedroom into a more romantic setting.
Below are some local businesses that may be able to help you get started.
Lili Marlene Custom Lampshades
1309 S Inca St
Denver, CO 80223
Lili Marlene Custom Lampshades has been in business for 25 years. This store can create a custom lampshade for you, or they have various lampshades available to choose from.
The Great Frame Up
1017 E 9th Ave
Denver, CO 80218
The Great Frame Up has been serving the metro Denver area for years. They can work with you regarding a custom frame, or they have ready-made frames in the store to purchase.
9697 E County Line Road
Centennial, CO 80112
WOW! Furniture is a discount furniture store located in Colorado. If you want to revamp your furniture with slipcovers, they carry several types.
For more great tricks, tips and advice about your home, visit CBSDenver.com/YourHome.
Michelle Humphrey is a freelance writer living in Denver. Her work can be found here.