Gas Leak Triggers Voluntary Evacuations In Castle Rock
CASTLE ROCK, Colo. (CBS4)- Crews worked to stop a gas leak in Castle Rock that triggered voluntary evacuations of dozens of homes Friday afternoon.
City representatives said crews working on a re-pavement project on Plum Creek Boulevard accidentally clipped a gas line around 11:30 a.m. Friday.
A few business, 61 homes and a school in the neighborhood were told they may need to evacuate.
Crews capped the leak without any major problems and everyone was safe to stay inside.