cbs4

Consignment — Colorado Style!

Gear, Deals, Extra Cash At Gear Grab
View Comments
(credit: gear-grab.com)

(credit: gear-grab.com)

Written by Brooke Wagner DENVER (CBS4) – Here in Colorado we love our outdoor gear. But we also love a deal. From backpacks to kayaks, and certainly skis, cycling, and snowboards — equipment gets very expensive, very quickly.

Enter Mark Barrow and Aaron Hart, co-workers at PorchLight Real Estate Group in Denver. Tired of watching their old gear pile up in the basement, Barrow and Hart decided to create a place for both buyers and sellers to get what they want.

“Everyone loves gear in Colorado, and everyone loves a deal. So we figured we’d facilitate a sale for that … put on an event, have some music, just make it a fun time,” Hart said.

The inaugural Gear Grab consignment event runs April 27-29 in the PorchLight parking lot at 838 Broadway. If you need some quick extra cash, you can bring out your gently used gear and Gear Grab will sell it for you. To consign, head to http://gear-grab.com for info on how to price and tag your own items.

Drop off starts Friday and goes through Saturday morning. Consignors and volunteers can start shopping Saturday while the public sale is Sunday from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.

Hart and Barrow tell us to expect to find skis and snowboards for $50 to $100, plus camping, cycling, water sport, and just about every other kind of outdoor gear at the sale.

It is not a swap — the guys point out — it is a true consignment sale, in which consignors will earn 70 percent of the sale price from their item. The other 30 percent goes to Goodwill Industries of Denver, making it a community-conscious sale and a green one; buying lightly used items means you get a deal and you’re recycling.

Check out the website for more on the food, beer, music, and prizes at the event.

LINK: http://gear-grab.com

About The Blogger

- In her Brooke’s Bargains blog Brooke Wagner writes about finding bargains and saving money for her family. She calls it one of her favorite hobbies. Blog entries cover everything from the latest steals, deals, and freebies to cheap family activities, saving for college, and what to buy right now. Tweet Brooke your ideas at @BrookeCBS4.

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus