Fire Disaster Recovery Center To Assist Lower North Fork Fire Victims
GALLERIES: COLORADO'S WORST WILDFIRES
CONIFER, Colo. (CBS4)– Victims of the Lower North Fork Fire will be able to visit a Disaster Recovery Center when it opens Saturday.
The Lower North Fork Fire Disaster Recovery Center will open at 9 a.m. Saturday at West Jefferson Middle School in Conifer. It will be a one-stop location for community members to get assistance and recovery information.
Agencies, departments and organizations will be available to answer questions and provide information for future reference.
The Jefferson County Commissioners have invited several agencies, departments and organizations to participate. The following have confirmed that they will have representatives at the Disaster Recovery Center:
• American Red Cross
• Colorado Department of Local Affairs, Division of Emergency Management and Division of Local Government
• Colorado Department of Natural Resources
• Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies, Division of Insurance and local insurance carriers
• Colorado Voluntary Organizations Active in Disasters (COVOAD)
• Jefferson Center for Mental Health
• Jefferson County Building Division
• Jefferson County Commissioners and County Administrator
• Jefferson County Human Services
• Jefferson County Public Health
• Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office Animal Control
• Mountain Resource Center
• Salvation Army
The Church of the Brethren will provide child care to community members while at the Disaster Recovery Center.
For more information, call 303-271-4919.