Colorado Man Treated For Listeria Infection Dies
MONUMENT, Colo. (AP) – A law firm representing a Coloradan who was treated for listeriosis after eating cantaloupe says the man has died.
The Marler Clark firm says Mike Hauser of Monument died Tuesday.
It’s unclear if Hauser’s death will be included in the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s list of at least 30 deaths nationwide linked to an outbreak of listeria in cantaloupe from Jensen Farms in southeast Colorado.
The family referred questions Tuesday to their lawyers. The law firm says it believes Hauser died of a different infection that sent him back to the hospital after he had recently returned home from treatment for listeriosis.
The CDC has said the outbreak of listeria in cantaloupe this fall was the deadliest outbreak of foodborne illness in 25 years.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)