WINE, WOMEN & FOOTBALL: Got your ticket yet for this year's event featuring seven Broncos players? (More Info)

CO Poisoning Claims Life Of Denver Woman

DENVER (CBS4) – Fire investigators say a Denver woman who couldn’t afford to heat her home died when she tried using a gas generator.

Scarlett Jones, 40, was poisoned by carbon monoxide from the generator.

Family and friends gathered outside her home in the 2600 block of Pontiac Street Sunday. A friend said she was waiting to receive heating assistance, but had been without heat since Thursday.

Jones’ boyfriend found her Sunday morning.


One Comment

  1. C. George says:

    I consider it poor “journalism” not to include the recent Federal funding cuts to the LIHEAP (Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program) along with this segment. More on the bigger picture here:

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Denver


Listen Live

AM/FM Stations

Featured Shows & Multimedia