Fountain Man Dies After Returning To Burning Home

FOUNTAIN, Colo. (CBS4) – Firefighters say a man in the town of Fountain died after he ran back inside his burning home.

The fire destroyed three mobile homes on Windsor Lane just after 2 a.m. Monday, and investigators say it was sparked by an electrical outlet overloaded with Christmas lights.

In one of the homes Joe Nauta, 45, his wife and two young children escaped. But firefighters think Nauta went back inside to get his wife’s purse and keys and that’s when the roof fell in on him and he got trapped in the flames.

Nobody else was hurt.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Denver

Enter To Win!
Weather App

Listen Live

AM/FM Stations

Featured Shows & Multimedia