FOUNTAIN, Colo. (CBS4) – Firefighters say a man in the town of Fountain died after he ran back inside his burning home.
The fire destroyed three mobile homes on Windsor Lane just after 2 a.m. Monday, and investigators say it was sparked by an electrical outlet overloaded with Christmas lights.
In one of the homes Joe Nauta, 45, his wife and two young children escaped. But firefighters think Nauta went back inside to get his wife’s purse and keys and that’s when the roof fell in on him and he got trapped in the flames.
Nobody else was hurt.