Sullivan Task Force Formed, Ex-Sheriff Was Questioned In Mystery Death

Written by Brian Maass

DENVER (CBS4) – CBS4 has learned a multi-juridstictional task force, consisting of 11 full time investigators, has now been formed to look into Pat Sullivan’s past.

Arapahoe County Sheriff confirms to CBS4 that seven investigators from his agency, along with four Denver police officers, began working full time this week looking for other potential victims in Sullivan’s past. Sheriff Grayson Robinson said other police agencies have agreed to lend manpower to the task force if crimes are discovered in their jurisdictions.

Also, Denver police questioned former Arapahoe County Sheriff Pat Sullivan as a “person of interest” following the mysterious death of a 27-year-old man in January.

moss sean1 Sullivan Task Force Formed, Ex Sheriff Was Questioned In Mystery Death

Sean Moss (credit: CBS)

The body of Sean Moss of Englewood was found in shallow water by the riverbank at 2800 Arkins Court, about 10 blocks north of Coors Field, on Jan. 26. Ultimately, the precise cause of Moss’ death was undetermined.

Soon after his body was found, Denver Police conducted an interview with Sullivan after learning Sullivan and Moss were friends and that Sullivan had bailed Moss out of jail about a month before his death.

Records show Moss was arrested by police in Centennial Jan. 14 for third degree assault and domestic violence.

STORY ARCHIVE: Former Arapahoe County Sheriff Sullivan Arrested

More from Investigates
Comments

1. denvervet says:

It just gets worse and worse and worse………now a death?

2. John says:

If this guy were the upstanding savior people portrayed him to be when he was Mr. big shot he would be talking to people and helping them get all the facts.
    For all I know maybe he is but I don’t get that impression do you?
    As far as I have heard this guy has not uttered a word.
    Just exactly how can someone go this far wrong?
    Out of all the allegations the one that seems to be pointing towards him readdicting people and kids that had drug problems is by far the most disgusting thing I have ever heard if true.
    What we have here is a person so impressed with his own power that in his mind he could do absolutely anything he wanted to.
    Keep an eye on elected officials, cops and our judicial system, left unchecked they tend to develp bad habits.

3. kay sieverding says:

I filed a federal lawsuit against officials in Steamboat Springs and alleged various criminal acts by officials, and I had supporting proof. My case was assigned to former judge Edward Nottingham. He dismissed it without writing an opinion. He actually dismissed it with prejudice, and with no findings of fraud or rule breaking by myself, he ordered me to pay the defendant lawyers $102,000, and he ordered that I be imprisoned without a criminal charge, an arraignment or a bail hearing, for 5 months in order to prevent another judge from reviewing my evidence. The magistrate claimed that all the government officials had “immunity” and said I showed bad faith in claiming that local government officials might be corrupt and might be involved with illegal drugs. My former next door neighbor Kevin Bennett, former city council president, revealed in 2009 that he is a convicted drug dealer and the buildings he built in year 2000 at 701 Princeton Ave. aren’t on the Routt County property tax rolls. The magistrate said I should be sanctioned for filing in 2002 that he might be a drug dealer or was rumored to be a drug dealer.

I was criminally prosecuted in Routt County without a written statement of probable cause or any signature by anyone except Kevin Bennett’s wife, Jane. She was allowed to sign a form as if she were a police officer and she claimed that I had harassed her by standing on the street in front of my home in the afternoon complaining that she and her husband violated the zoning by building the same buildings that still aren’t on the property tax rolls after 10 years. The d.a. dismissed the charges and gave a press conference indicating that Jane Bennett was my victim, that there was probable cause, but that a trial would be too expensive. Based on that a restraining order was issued saying that I would be put in jail if my neighbor could get within 30 feet of me even if I was on my own property. Jane Bennett followed me around Steamboat and asked the police to harass me and my children until I sold my house to her lawyer. She called the police and reported that she saw me on Lincoln Ave from inside a store window. She filed a police report saying that she followed me through WalMart trying to take my picture to prove that she was near me and therefore I should be arrested. Based on that the police came to my home. Her husband filed a report claiming that he saw me step off the street and therefore I should be arrested even though he lied to the police about where his property line was and the police report shows that. Based on that the police went to the school and harassed by minor son.

Elected officials, cops, Colorado judges etc. are “left unchecked”. They answer to no one and usually have to explain nothing.

Someone should check into the Local Government Officials errors and omissions insurance sold by the Colorado Intergovernmental Risksharing Agency. It sounds like local government officials can make lots of errors, do lots of omissions, and commit crimes and intentionally hurt people but that CIRSA pays defense lawyers not victims.

Local officials in Colorado CAN do anything they want. This is not just in their minds. It is real life.

4. kay sieverding says:

P.S.

The prosecutor Elizabeth Wittemyer was married to a real estate speculator. They tried to sell undeveloped land at Stagecoach for about $75,000 per acre that they bought for less than $10,000 per acre. The City of Steamboat supported them getting a permit for a new ski area that supported the higher valuation. This happened shortly after she gave the press conference saying essentially that I was guilty but a trial would be too expensive. The U.S. Supreme Court ruled in Buckley v. Fitzsimmons that prosecutors don’t have immunity for statements to the press and I quoted that decision. However, the magistrate ruled that prosecutors have “absolute immunity”.

5. HERB says:

I CONSIDER THIS JUST ONE MORE EXAMPLE WHY EVERY POLICE DEPARTMENT SHOULD HAVE A CIVILIAN REVIEW BOARD. THE IDEA OF POLICE INVESTIGATING THEIR OWN IS ABSURD. INFORMATION IS IGNORED OR LOST AND THE ONLY WAY TO GET ANY SEMBLANCE OF JUSTICE IS TO HAVE POLICE MISCONDUCT HANDLED BY AN OUTSIDE AGENCY. INSTEAD WE JUST PAY OUT MILLIONS IN TAX DOLLARS. I QUESTION IF SULLIVAN HAD ACCESS TO EVIDENCE LOCKERS BECAUSE ONE MAN COULD NEVER SUPPLY ALL OF THE DRUGS INVOLVED.

6. Virginia says:

SINCE THERE ARE SO MANY JURISDICTIONS INVOLVED IN THE SULLIVAN SCANDAL I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW THIS IS GOING TO BE COORDINATED AND WHO WILL HAVE THE ABSOLUTE POWER TO MAKE CERTAIN THAT THE INVESTIGATION IS LEGITIMATE.