VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY: Sign up now for Xcel Energy Day of Service on Sept. 10 (More Information)

Lakewood Fire Sparked By Warming Lamp For Puppy

LAKEWOOD, Colo. (AP) – Officials say a warming lamp for a puppy kept in a garage sparked a fire that destroyed a Lakewood home.

West Metro Fire Rescue officials say the puppy survived, but another family pet, a cat, died.

Crews arrived at the home late Sunday night and found the attached garage ablaze, with the fire spreading to the home before firefighters could get it under control. Investigators believe the fire was caused by a heat lamp igniting combustibles in the garage.

The puppy was found alive underneath the deck of the home. The cat was found dead in the lower level of the bi-level home.

(© Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Denver

JonBenét Ramsey Docuseries
DAY OF SERVICE

Listen Live

AM/FM Stations

Featured Shows & Multimedia