LAKEWOOD, Colo. (CBS4)– A man said he rushed to neighboring apartments on Saturday afternoon to warn residents about a fire after he called 911.

“I saw the fire and then it exploded. I went around to everyone’s house and knocked on the door to get them out,” said resident Thomas Dunnum.

When asked if people didn’t realize there was a fire, Dunnum replied, “They did not. I knocked on the door and some of them just shut the door on me. I said, ‘Get the hell out!'”

A fire broke out at about 5:15 p.m. at the Red Rocks Apartments near 2nd and Zang in Lakewood.

No one was hurt in the fire, but three people had to scramble outside to safety. Several pets were saved.

West Metro Firefighters said the fire started on the balcony, but they are still investigating what sparked it.


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s