Police Investigate Death Of CSU Student
FORT COLLINS, Colo. (CBS4) – A 19-year-old Colorado State University student who died at her apartment Saturday night was buried Monday.
Sascha Franzel was very involved in the Jewish community at CSU. Her rabbi said the sophomore biology student was from Hawaii. He also said she was very outgoing and had a wonderful, bubbly personality.
Franzel lived at the Ram’s Village apartments. That’s where her friends reportedly performed CPR on her around 10 p.m. Saturday. Franzel had asthma.
Police say they don’t think there was any foul play. Police also said she had been drinking that evening, but they do not believe alcohol caused the death.
“Did alcohol play a role in her death? That’s one of the things we’re trying to figure out. A lot of that will depend on the toxicology report here in a couple weeks,” Sgt. Jon Holsten with Fort Collins Police Services said. “At this point we’re not looking at it as strictly an alcohol-related death.”
A candlelight vigil was planned for Monday evening on the CSU campus to remember Franzel.