COMING UP: Don't miss Xfinity Monday Live, with special guest Bronco Jordan "Sunshine" Taylor. Watch it on CBS4 at 6:30 p.m. or head to ViewHouse Centennial to see it live!

Series Of Mysterious Cat Disappearances In Lakewood

LAKEWOOD, Colo. (CBS4) – Some people in Lakewood are worried after a series of mysterious cat disappearances.

About a dozen cats have vanished over the past few months near the Denver Federal Center and neighbors are worried the worst may be yet to come.

“I see a cat’s paw; the whole paw,” Diana Sequin said. “It just killed me. I just cried and got on my knees.”

Sequin, an owner of four cats, was devastated last week after finding part of her neighbor’s cat in her yard. It was one of many mysterious pet disappearances in her Lakewood neighborhood at Taft and West Dakota Drive.

“It’s just a sad, sad thing,” she said.

Neighbors say they’ve lost several pets over the last few weeks. Many have put up posters hoping for the animals’ safe return.

“We have raccoons, coyotes and foxes. Sometimes larger animals like lions and bears do come into town,” Jennifer Churchill with Colorado Parks and Wildlife said.

Churchill believes there’s an easy explanation for the mystery. She says animals like foxes and coyotes are everywhere in Colorado. They prey on smaller animals, especially in the summer.

“They’re out there looking for prey items and teaching their young how to hunt. So if there are loose cats out there, unfortunately they could be become part of the process,” Churchhill said.

Curtis Moore has lost three cats, including his cat, Walter, who’s hind leg was found by his next door neighbor.

“I don’t live in the mountains, I live in the city. I’m ok with wildlife, but I don’t like them eating my pets,” Moore said.

As the posters multiply in her neighborhood, Sequin walks her cat on a leash. Other neighbors have serious questions about the mysterious animals roaming their streets.

“When they run out of pets, what are they going to attack then?” Moore said.

Wildlife experts say to be totally safe, unsupervised pets should never be allowed to run loose outside.

Comments

1. Twila Shyrock says:

I live in Evergreen where we can add mountain lions to the mix. My three cats are all indoor cats and I don’t have to worry about them. Better than being torn apart by larger animals!

1. clark howard says:

Wow, are people with cats really this stupid?
      NEWSFLASH:
      Don’t feed the wildlife, and they won’t come around so much.
      And yes, they’ve carried off little children, too.
      SOLUTION:
      People who live near the edge of town should have dogs, big dogs, not cats.

1. John says:

Or just not own pets at all. Why are pets necessary?

Outdoor cats kill lots of birds and can actually make some kinds of birds extinct.

Keep your cats indoors, and don’t let them breed.

2. Matt Al Waysrite says:

John, what birds have gone extinct because of domestic cats? You know you can’t just lie like that. It shows your charactor .. or lack of ..

3. LuckyStar61 says:

John,

Sound advice for you to follow, too – stay inside and don’t breed. Pets are better friends than most humans.

4. J Wilson says:

The Domestic cat is considered an invasive species. World wide it ranks as #38 in the Top 100 List. Here’s the link:

5. Jim Clark says:

Many islands have been wiped clean of native animal life by feral cats. Professional hunters/trappers have to be hired to kill off the cat population. Then native species can be re-introduced. A limited version of that happens often in larger land area ecvosystems.

Amazing that people who will preach co2 footprint to you will also let their little kitties trash the environment.

6. Normal Dude says:

Awesome. Twila says something completely rational and a bunch of trolls emerge with snarky remarks.

Sheesh… Go outside, talk to your neighbors and work on your people skills. Perhaps you could try something novel: start seeing things from someone else’s perspective.

7. elda says:

Matt…he lies because his leadership lies. He has been taught to lie to get what you want.

2. Reader says:

I like my cats, but I expect them to get eaten (really) since they live outside. But what REALLY bothers me is how people get upset over their animal friends (pets), but turn a blind eye to all the human suffering going on. Your country is murdering civilians for example (children) by the bucket load in Libya right now, and blowing the smithereens out of families in Pakistan. Compare the two events: animals eating animals or humans (American) killing humans (brown skinned, as usual). Which should upset us the most?

1. pfwag says:

Blind eye? Bucket load?

Muslims, including those in Libya, are killing people by the HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS, maybe even MILLIONS, per year and you have the gall to complain about America?

Which should get you more upset?

2. a non says:

the civilians shouldn’t get in the way, if they’re really civilians. the only reason civilians are being killed is because they can’t be trusted. children and women cry out for an American soldier to help them, only to blow themselves up killing the soldier or they end up shooting the soldier. let’s be realistic, if it comes down to it would you kill or be killed? and let’s be even more realistic, people have a personal and deep attachment to their pets, they don’t have that attachment to people who may or may not pose a threat to our daily lives. I’d be a million times more devastated if my animal were killed than if I watched an American soldier blow up a town full of “innocent” people in Pakistan.

3. John says:

I agree Reader. It’s messed up pathology. I think it’s related, we know we are ruthless cold killers with drones and rockets, so we try to make up for it by taking care of some little animal.

4. gordon kuhne says:

Well said. Americans awareness of how our government is sponsering wars all over the world. In my opinion, The U.S. government are the real terrorist.

5. Mohammed says:

And your country has supported the nuclear arms buildup and countless hundreds of thousands of deaths through Islamic terrorism and arms proliferation. Cut your own head off next time!

6. Dona says:

Shut up….

7. Robert Smith says:

Let’s face it; The Muslims on the other side of the globe HATE us, our country, and our way of life (yet they still want to be like us, go figure). Ultimately, it is going to come down to either us or them. I am tired of all this PC bullpucky we put up with nowadays. If the Muslims want jihad against us, let’s let them have it! Guess who would win w/o the PC police tying our hands? (and it would be a LOT cheaper in the long run too!)

8. Matt Al Waysrite says:

Excellent. I’m in. Not sure why we odds on the other discussion though ..

9. Joe Blow says:

Let’s do away with America now; oh, I forgot a brown-skinned man is the president and in which country, Pakistan or Libya, can *you* post so openly as here in the hateful US?

10. Obama bin laden says:

30 wars in the world right now and 28 of them are Muslim wars. Who is terrorizing who? Who is killing children by the bucket load? Who is blowing families to smithereens? Puh-leeeeze!

11. Robert Smith says:

Hate to say this, but in the end it is going to be EITHER Islam -OR- America, not both. Last time I checked, Muslim women had next to no rights. That ALONE should be enough evidence to persuade any free person on the planet. Liberal Americans had better pull their collective heads out of their behinds and wise up, else we cede our freedoms and way of life to the oppressive Muslims.

12. MichaelG says:

Amen Reader. So many people these days put SO much love on their pets (animals) as a substitute for human love. It’s amazing how so many people treat their dogs like they’re actually kids. I’m all for treating animals kindly and giving them love, but please, those of you who talk to their dogs like they really understand or have a clue, get help.

13. MichaelG says:

For Robert Smith: I happen to be a Muslim myself, of the sufi orientation, since 1981. You have no clue what you’re talking about, so please shut your ignorant mouth and try to learn some facts about Islam. Women DO have rights in Islam, and any American Muslim lady you speak with would tall you the same. It’s not Islam that strips women of so many rights, it’s backward, ignorant cultures that do that. That those cultures are predominantly Muslim is unfortunate. America culture has pretty much gone to the devil, so to speak, so you could say that since America is predominantly Christian, their must be a link between all the badness here and that religion. Westerners are for the most part so utterly ignorant of Islam and it’s full history. Islam has historically been far more tolerant of people of other religions, and you’d know this if you studied the history of the Ottoman Empire, Andalusian Spain, and other great Islamic societies of the past. These societies were beacons of light during the Dark Ages and at other times. You so-called experts on Islam make me sick.

14. JBMW says:

@ MICHAELG – the reason is animals will love you unconditionally, humans will not. Things are so bad in the country, not just with the economy and all the “govermental” issues, but there are roving gangs of savages running around beating and robbing people, stealing, vandalizing, etc.

15. Armed Patriot says:

MichaelG… Sorry but your tolerance of others in bs. Your prophet Mohammed, peice of sh1t be upon him, was a ruthless murderer and a child rapist. Here are some quotes from your fabulously tolerant holy books…

Sura 2:187 “And kill them wherever ye shall find them”

“Kill the disbelievers wherever we find them.” (Sura 2:191)

“The infidels are your sworn enemies.” (Sura 4:101)

Sura 4:89 “seize them and slay them wherever you find them.”

“The only reward of those who make war upon Allah and His messenger…will be that they will be killed or crucified, or have their hands and feet on alternate sides cut off, or will be expelled out of the land.” (Sura 5:33)

“Believers, take neither the Jews nor the Christians for your friends.” (Sura 5:51)

“Infidels are those who declare: ‘God is the Christ, the son of Mary.’” (Sura 5:17)

“Infidels are those that say ‘God is one of three in a Trinity.’” (Sura 5:73)

Sura 9:005: So when the sacred months have passed away, then slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captives and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush”

“Make war on the infidels who dwell around you.” (Sura 9:123)

Sura 9:29 “Fight against such as those to whom the Scriptures were given [Jews and Christians]…until they pay tribute out of hand and are utterly subdued.”

Sura 9:73 “Prophet make war on the unbelievers and the hypocrites and deal rigorously with them. Hell shall be their home.”

Sura 9:123 “O you who believe! fight those of the unbelievers who are near to you”

Sahih Bukhari 004.52.176 “The Day of Resurrection will not arrive until the Moslems make war against the Jews and kill them, and until a Jew hiding behind a rock and tree, and the rock and tree will say: ‘Oh Moslem, oh servant of Allah, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him!’

“When you meet the infidel in the battlefield, strike off their heads.” (Sura 47:4)

“Mohammed is Allah’s apostle. Those who follow him are ruthless to the infidels.” (Sura 48:29)

“Prophet, make war on the infidels.” (Sura 66:9)

Take you foriegn catbox religion back to the ninth century with you. I dipeveryone of my 20,000+ rounds of ammo in bacon grease… just in case.

See you on the battlefield, my friend… Ummm I mean derka, derka.

16. MichaelG says:

Armed Patriot: you should arm yourself with truth rather than guns, because in the end it’s the only thing that’ll save your hide. Not that you’ll do it. Like most of your ilk who are ignorant about Islam, you take a handful of verses out of nearly 7,000 verses, and claim that they are the bottom line about Muslim belief. Your ignorance is so deep, I doubt I could find the bottom of it with a plumb line. Those particular verses were primarily aimed, as other well known writings point out, at the non-Mulsims who lived during the time of Prophet Muhammad, and were violently persecuting him and his brethren. There are millions of Muslims living in America now (upwards of 5 million) and not more than a handful of them actually look at those verses the way do, and they KNOW their religion. Crawl back into your dark hole where at least you’ll be comfortable, and keep the teaching of Islam to others who know and dare to speak the truth about it.

17. Armed Patriot says:

MichaelG … Save your insults, I have read the Koran, or Qur’an if you prefer. Your catbox religion commands, COMMANDS you to kill or subjugate the Jews and Christian. If you dont, you are not following the COMMANDMENTS of your catbox religion of death. Are you not a good muslim killer, following the COMMANDMENTS of your UNHOLY BOOK or not??? Either you follow your COMMANDMENTS or you are not a good muslim, this the satanic koran commands. Even the nation of (catbob religion) Islam leader said yesterday… the Fort Hood Shooter, Captain Naser Jason Abdo, “he is not the terrorist, he was “Just a Good Muslim Who Was Driven Crazy by the Terrorist Americans” and following the koran. Your Imam is our anti-Christ. Your “salvation” is our appocalypse. You are worshiping the devil but are not intelligent enough to see it. Sorry for you “my friend” but you are on the wrong road. Your prohet was a murderous thug, a child rappist, while our savior was against harming one another, your holy text is FULL of death and hatred, while ours is full of love and forgiveness.

Sorry “my friend” but I am tired of peace and forgiveness while I see your catbox religion plotting and attempting to destroy OUR way of life. I am all full of letting bygones be bygones but your religion has waged HOLY WAR on the US. I say nuke all Islamist countries. to the point of th stone age, drill here, drill now, and let islam thrive in the dust.

If you want to ne a true islamist, why dont you sign up with the taliban… I think they need your help.

18. Sufiism HA! says:

michaelG…

HAHAHA Sufi… Really… Sufi.. I had the unfortunate experience on a business trip of sharing a week in a Marriott Hotel with you stinky things when you had your gathering in SLC… Looked like a bunch of white hippies to me.. Not a dark skinned or eastern person in the bunch… Just a bunch of dirty old hippies with flowers in their hair… maybe 500+.. Besides that NOT A SINGLE other Muslim religion even acknowledges that Sufism is “islamic”… Go back to your commune and smoke some more dope while you grow vegetables. Because that’s about all the pamphlets were about.. Join this commune join that commune… How about one for personal hygiene.. How about one for manners like not having 500+ barefoot people walking in the lobby of a 4 star hotel after prayer. Or do not chant while throwing water over your face and the whole lobby bathroom behind you.. And a conference room is not a mosque for prayer.. Although i did immensely enjoy rearranging 500+ pairs of sandals lined up outside while you were in service….

19. Armed Patriot says:

Sufiism HA! … LMFAO… really… I did. Death to islamists, However pure or minute they might be. Its the survival of the US and they waged holy war.

20. PsyHawk says:

Maybe if you write to Obama, he’ll listen to you. Surely he is different than the last guy.

Maybe he can relate to those “brown skinned” people as you pointed out since he is brown skinned himself. Or are you really saying something else?

Did you vote for him? If so, perhaps you should be mad at yourself.

21. Oscar Alvarez says:

Hear Hear! Reader

22. Elroy Jetson says:

The communist Democrats are the murderers not the American people. If we had a choice, we would not be killing anything but cats, ahem, because of the extinct birds of course.

23. Walter says:

You need to get out more.

24. MW says:

I, too, find cats a tasty entree.

25. ZZ says:

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

26. Pete Harms says:

You Mushroom……you dont deserve the freedom you have.

3. Glen says:

Anyone given any thought to witchcraft being practiced out there in the woods near Lakewood, Colorado? We are approaching that time of year! Cats seem to disappear quite frequently as they are needed as the “guest of honor” at certain rituals.

1. eric says:

I haven’t seen any signs of witchcraft…but a new “Buck a Scoop” Chinese restaurant just opened in Lakewood.

2. Mike says:

This is purely coyote 101. I wish I lived in the town I love hunting coyotes. Night Scope on silenced .22 rifle and a kitten call, I’ll be knee deep in dead coyotes in an hour.

3. ZZ says:

Yeah, I saw a coyote building an altar and chanting a spell under candle light last night. That’s it. It must be coyote witches. Or worse yet, satanic coyotes!

4. chris says:

ever seen ‘Gummo’? Check this movie out and the mystery will be solved, plus it’ll prob change yer life

5. Jimmy says:

Anyone checked out the Chinese restaurants?

1. Pam says:

wow what racists will say when they know no one knows who “you are”. Chinese restaurants should throw you and yr wife out when you dine, next time! Or do you say “I hate Mexicans but sure love Jose and his wife, the best food in town” so those MX folks get a pass when millions of others picking your lettuce and getting farm produce to YOU, don’t. Shameful. The subject is fox and or coyote taking yr cats. But racists and bigots love to make it a hate-fest everytime.

6. Guy says:

Are there any Chinese Restaurants nearby?

1. ZZ says:

Ever notice that there is always a chinese restaurant within a block of a veterinary office? Seriously! Look for them!

7. Mark Moore says:

Any new Chinese restaurants in town?

8. Armed Patriot says:

John, If I saw you and my dog floating down a river, one would surely die, I would save my dog and let you drown. I love my dog more than my own (grown) kids. She has never argued, back-talked or said a foul word to me she listens to every word I tell her, is obedient and trustworthy. I would put her life above ANY human. I would suggest that ignorant (Why are pets necessary?) people like you stay indoors and dont breed as well. As for the cats??? Not a big fan but I understand the sentiments of the owners. I would suggest looking in the Chinese, Laotian, and Vietnamese resteraunts for your cats. Here Kitty, kitty, kitty.

1. Pam says:

You were fine John until you had to cave and join the bigots. Don’t go to any Vietnamese restaurants because your hatred of the culture will set alarms off at the door. I know. You are a sneaky carry out kinda guy….but still you enjoy this hate fest and the subject WAS “disappearing cats” not you and the others getting off on your hatred of Muslims (or love of them) and all the other hate mongering. I think you folks should buy Cheney’s book while we are off subject? because he sure hated that Blacks like Condie Rice and C Powell had the audacity to make it in Bushes administration so now to add his evil bent to more Blacks he wants us to believe Hillary would have done “different” than Obama. Sure she would have. Because hate mongering is HOW he wants to get his book OUT HERE. You folks despise anyone not like you….but go to Church don’t you?

9. Armed Patriot says:

Armed Patriot

1. Elroy Jetson says:

Then surely, you would be charged with a crime for not helping a drowning man and, probably go to hell for it as well. You are a sick person.

2. Nik says:

Oh PATRIOT you would say that about anyone you had sex with on a regular basis?

3. ZZ says:

I would save my dogs before a stranger, also. Only once my dogs were safe, I would attempt to help a stranger. Good luck charging me with a crime. My dogs are my property and I would give my life for them, just as they would for me. Who was it that said the difference between a dog and a man is that if you bring a dog in off the street, give him food and shelter, it won’t bite you?

4. Barbara Narveson says:

ZZ..that was Mark Twain who said that

10. AC says:

Must be a new Chinese restaurant in town?

11. 14er says:

sorry John, pets (I have Labrador Retrievers) are 1000 x smarter and better than people. especially the spoiled children they breed today.

1. Pam says:

I almost agree but I have a special lab who swims in Clear Creek when it’s almost impossible to get any other dog in there. I like my dog to be as wild as possible. So at doggy day care, he sniffs at the pool and all the other “idiot” dogs who don’t know a real sense of freedom. The dogs reflect the yuppified owners take on how to “live” and think a bacteria laden pool is the greatest. Mine knows better. And is robust and himself, not some wussified version of a dog. I also go leashless. Some owners FREAK at the sight of a big yellow dog coming at them as they WANT to believe that all dogs are enemies. Stupid people like this do have dog fights. While leashed. I hardly go anywhere where my dog has to be shackled up. And hundreds of others taking their dog down to Lowell going EAST feel the same. NO attacks by coyotes, he runs them off at 94 pounds.

12. Morrie says:

If it were me I would avoid the Chicken Fried Rice at Asian Restaurants for awhile?

13. john says:

GO cat killer,make the world safe for the birds, squrrels,chipmunks. Keep you dang cat inside and he will not be “mistaken” as a food source

1. PaM says:

So you like squirrels? they take down trees by chewing away. Good for you! Everyone in my hood kills them. What birds can you identify. Probably a total of five and they include the common crow and sparrow. You are a fraud.

14. Cris Rose says:

Yes people are that stupid!!!! I own cats and work at the local shelter. Cats are a domesticated animal and do not need to go outside! My cats have never been outside and do not miss it. It’s called lazy pet owners who don’t keep their feline friends happy and would prefer they use the neighbors garden as a litter box. If people would keep cats in we wouldn’t have an over population. There are more cats then there are homes!! Maybe the people who let their cats out should spend the day at a shelter when cats have to be put down because there are too many and they would rethink doing so. Poor cats STUPID cat owners

1. UFOCprez says:

I do you know that your cats don’t miss going outside. I mean really, how do you objectively quantify that statement? Yet when you let a domesticated cat outside, it instinctively knows how to hunt, kill, and eat a wild animal.

2. Steve Bradley says:

It is foxes, mostly, I believe. They’ve killed one of my cats and six of my chickens. Very bold about it, too. They come in the middle of the day.

3. Laura says:

“Curtis Moore has lost 3 cats.” Curtis, you’re a slow learner aren’t you? How many more cats do you need to lose before you get the point here? As for the comment about the wild animals “running out of pets” to eat, well, considering how many dumb pet owners let their pets roam around outside, there will always be plenty of pets for the wild animals to eat. Whoever thinks their pet is safe roaming around outside anywhere is just plain stupid.

1. vick says:

You think they’re slow there, check out Kitimat BC Canada… these dummies have lost almost 80-100 cats since May – due to a family of wolverines. I think they should ban the owning of cats there if they are that stupid!! Keep cats indoors for THEIR own safety………………..

1. furd burfull says:

where can I get a family of wolverenes? my nesxt door neighbor has 7 cats and the stench that permiates the area is criminal. I would kill them myself if I could get away with it clean. There is something desparetly wrong with someone who has MORE THAN TWO CATS. It is a mental illness and unsanitary

2. Matt Al Waysrite says:

Indoor cats are prisoners. Better to be free and live a shorter life than a long life of capticity. All indoor cats stare out the windows dreaming of being free.

1. Pkpost says:

I’m sure the cats appreciate that while being decapitated by a wild beast. Brilliant! Why not just prance around in circles singing “Born Free”?

2. John Fox says:

What a moronic statement. My cats have the run of the house, are pampered, and get all the loving they need. Food is promptly delivered twice a day, dry food and water is always available. Their food is the good kind, grain free and nutritious. They get prompt medical attention, and have all of their shots. We just put down a cat that was 18 years old. She was fine one day, then in the span of a week had lost 6 pounds. She was miserable, and probably would have died on her own in a few more days in some corner without anyone being with her. Instead, she died with my wife and I petting and loving her.

When you can read a cat’s mind, you can make such insipid statements. Until thing, STFU and don’t own a cat if you don’t want to.

3. Cheryl says:

Oh bull, Matt. I have 5 indoor cats now. All but one were formerly feral kittens. When they’re not playing or eating, they’re lounging on the nice soft chairs in a temperature controlled environment laughing at your comment!

4. Dan says:

dead on, brother! as the owner of tens of cats (if not a hundred) over my lifetime, u can definitely see a difference in cats that are restricted to indoors and those that live at least part time outside. theyre two entirely different animals. for example, one routinely hunts, kills and eats it prey while the other knows no prey other than that which comes from can or bag and will actually RUN from rodents. indeed, an indoor cat is no cat at all.

5. Twila Shyrock says:

Not really worth responding to…..but our cats have lots of toys, an outdoor screen area for fresh air, no worries about being torn to pieces and last but not least, leashes. Hardly prisoners. And they’ve never killed a bird!

6. Matt Al Waysrite says:

Then you live in a house the whole time. If it is so great then do it yourself. You won’t because it is cruel. Slam your heads in the sand and pretend your cats are not your prisoners if you like .. but if it would be torture for you, then who are you to say that it is not torture on others .. hypocrits.

7. Robert Smith says:

Matt, I am sorry, but I am just going to say it for everyone else. You, my friend, are an idiot! That is all.

8. Matt Al Waysrite says:

Robert, you are a cruel person who imprions the innocent and tries to make yourself feel beeter by telling yourself they like it.

9. Amy says:

That is so untrue. I have 3 indoor cats who couldn’t be happier. Since I live close to the foothills, no way am I letting them out to be killed. Since they have never really been outside, they don’t even try to go out the door when it’s open.

3. Meow... says:

I absolutely agree. An outdoor cat rarely makes it past the age of 3 or 4. Indoor cats can live up to 20 years. You do the math.

1. Lu says:

I had an indoor/outdoor cat who lived to 20. Don’t know where Meow lives that would be so hard on pets.

2. jbmw says:

My indoor/outdoor cat is almost 10 yrs old. Happy and healthy. She is an indoor/outdoor cat because she showed up on my back porch in the rain. She was allowed to stay because we have (had now) a mole problem. She’s a good kitty.

3. Rick says:

Me too, Misty is 22 and has been indoor/outdoor (mostly outdoor lol) through the cat door…
        Hey, it is risky, but it is fair to mother nature… Cat eats some, cat gets eaten…
        I take in outdoor strays, give them a home and 2 squares a day… but they take the SAME RISK I do LOL
        We go outside!

4. Pam says:

Laura: you are rare, common sensical. Yes, my cats roam in day after FOX leaves the front of the neighbors home, roam to the back yard and plop down. One hunts mice ON my property, sure love those “gifts” that I have to scoop up. She is a natural huntress. My male used to cross street but he’s stickin’ and stayin’. I never leave them out after dusk and no out before full dawn. Fox do scour the trash here on Lowell and they run from the sight of my big yellow lab. Incidentally, I don’t ever leave my dog out without me being out there. PEOPLE are worse, they aggravate the dog and they try to take him or leave gate open. I will take my chance with wild animals (have done so and they trusted me and stopped and didn’t run from me as I talk to Bighorn sheep and his harem eyeball to eyeball, rattlesnakes and big momma Moose with her baby, my own son by my side. NO fear on their part and they were very gentle. Animals know INTENTION, they make a “living” by their sense.). People are the ones who will bait, kill and trap any animal and other people will steal your dog. I think people can do worse than learn from Nature which after all shows anyone that most any animal jUST kills to eat. Rarely, does an animal get “off” by killing for fun. Rarely.

4. p Thoms says:

Have any oriental restrants open in the area? Cat and dog soup is a choice item on their menu. Have you had an increase in some foreign residents?
    Just a real possibility……………

5. Bill says:

Fewer cats = more birds.

1. Matt Al Waysrite says:

more birds = less worms .. what is your point?

1. Frank says:

The point is that birds and worms are natural residents of the environment. Domestic cats (who are allowed to roam) are predators not natural to the area which are imported and supported by humans.

2. uisignorant says:

more birds=less bugs

3. Quirt says:

less worms=more fish … that’s my piont

2. Cheryl says:

Fewer birds = less bird poop on my car.

1. getadogalready says:

Fewer humans, less posting on message boards? Just trying to follow this to it’s logical conclusion

2. Pam says:

now that’s truly funny

3. catsass says:

So true. I have fruit trees and berries in the back yard just for the birds but the neighbor puts out cat food and the damn cats that come around are always coming over trying to kill the birds.
      Mebby I need to get some wolverines…

4. jbmw says:

More birds = more bird flu and Salmonella. I’ll take the cats.

1. Roger says:

haha Bird Flu? We’ve reached a new low in discourse. Kudos.

2. Pam says:

My Denver hood apparently kills crows. Thank GOD for good sense, they will drive you nuts, I almost want to get a gun. Am seeing a LOT less sparrows. Equals less reason for my cats to get a sick bird keeping us from a big Vet bill. By the way, the damned sparrows nest ON my porch, and my cats WILL get out and enjoy their own damned yard. Thank you.

6. Meg says:

Ummm, why don’t these morons keep their pets inside?? Problem solved!

1. rick says:

They hate it when their house smells like cat pee, so they put them outside. Cats should not be allowed to roam freely. Hey Mr. Kitty, don’t come in my yard unless you want to be on the business end of my pellet gun.

1. JBMW says:

Sames goes for you Rick…don’t come in my yard unless you want to be on the business end of my shot gun.

2. Mr. Kitty's mom says:

I take direct offense at your comment considering my cat is named Mr. Kitty.

2. Pam says:

Because morons like you smoke, drink and think you are the only species entitled to freedom?

7. Solvay Native says:

Could be an influx of Tyroleans (cat eaters) LOL

8. DebW says:

Keep your cats inside. Simple solution.

1. JP says:

Bad Idea. Then they’ll become prey to landsharks.

2. JRGage says:

No kidding. It’s hardly a mystery either, obviously some kind of hungry wild-life. It could be a clever deviant as well, but it’s unlikely.

Might be a good idea to get Animal Control out there with some IR Goggles though, it might be something big enough to snack on kids.

3. Patrick Stantiford says:

Yup! My indoor cats routinely live to be 18-20 years old and rarely need vet care. My cats mean too much to just let them out the door.

1. KENYAN STEALS WHITE HOUSE... says:

2. Pam says:

Mine don’t go to vets and roam my back yard. The only danger to them is: a stinking little Chihuahua squeezing through the fence or a dead sparrow or nasty crow dying on my side of the fence. My cats deserve flowers, grass and sunlight. It’s not healthy to breathe INDOOR air even for people Pat, don’t you know that?

4. jim says:

…In other news, Lakewood Chinese Restaurant Asian Buffet, offering a new Schezuan Lunch Special!

5. Kimberly Scott-Marsden says:

I agree..cat’s nor dogs should be left out to run around outside alone, unless they are in a fenced in yard.

9. RedGrandma says:

I remeber reading a report that you reduce your cat’s life expectancy by 40% if you let it run loose. It has to face cars, dogs, wild animals and even some sick humans. That’s a huge risk which I have never been willing to take with my pets. No pet lover should.

1. Matt Al Waysrite says:

I love my pet enough to let it be free. You think everyone has your values of living on one’s knees vs dying on yoru feet. Keeping a cat as a prisoner with a life sentence is cruel.

1. Frank says:

Well goody goody for you. Other people happen to love the natural little critters that live outside. Not keeping you darlling cat under control is like importing a little thrill-killer into the neighborhood and letting him loose on the natives.

2. Matt Al Waysrite says:

@Frank .. people kill more than cats you know. Humans thrill kill, cats do not. Also, there are no more natives, the world isn’t that way any longer. The “little critters” will actually get stronger with the cats taking out the weaker and sick of the species. That’s how it works chump, i know it’s hard to take, but that is life. Like your weak little self would never make it in the natural world. A stronger more capable being such as me would dominate you. You would be my food or forced to be my mate. Accept your position on the ladder of life.

3. Unknown-1-2-3 says:

Matt I take care of unwanted animals in my yard. I live trap them and have the county Animal Control pick them up. Wild animals like skunks and raccoons are put down before they leave my property. Trespassing pets (i.e. cats) are taken to the county shelter. There they are fed and scanned to see if their owner put an ID chip in the animal. These services are paid by my taxes and the $$$ I pay each year for my various dog licenses, a fee cat owners refuse to consider paying. If the cat owners are not found or they do not pay the ~$50+ fine incurred by their rooming animal, after a couple of weeks it’s put down. And then the cycle repeats itself. This happens several times a year on my property. Funny thing, my wife’s cats have each died peacefully inside, except for one that ran out the front door and got run over by a car. When we found it 8 hours later, all the kings men could not put that cat back together again. In the nearby country they just shoot these unwanted predators, especially when they get close to chickens or bunnies. So Matt your definition of freedom has a price.

4. SteveMc2 says:

Are you saying that living with you is like a life sentence in prison?

5. BillyBaloo says:

I’m for cat leash laws. you can’t feed the firds in my neighborhood for the cats. They make a special effort to deficate in my mulshed flower bed and then my dogs dig it up and eat it. Keep you friging cat at home if you love it. I have been trying to find a way to tell my lovely cat loving neighbors to eat !@#$%^&

6. Pam says:

Free to put up with the likes of the ones replying to you, Matt. Mine love the deck, the weeds (hiding and pouncing) and the cat nip I plant. The lousy squirrels give my big Lab a run for his money and prob. expose all of us to disease. Birds are nice if they are truly songbirds or real birds, not disease carrying nuisances that abound here in the city…my cats reign.

2. oracle2world says:

So? There are plenty of cats to take their place.

1. mhos says:

Actually sounds like a great way to handle overpopulation of unwanted animals. Let them out in the Lakewood neighborhood, and the wild critters get a chance at life too!

2. heatherfeather says:

@Oracle2world

Plenty of trolls to take your place.

3. ti cajun says:

Don’t eat the tamales.

3. cccc says:

That is nice if you have one or two but I have 7 outside that a Momma cat left for us.We fixed them and care for them but there are too many to be inside.My oldest outside cat is the Momma cat and she is 12yo.

4. Tesseract says:

I keep mine inside MOSTLY because of sick humans. There are a lot of so-called people out there that despise cats. Case in point: the trolls below.

10. denverjim says:

ANYONE is allowed into this enabling, sanctuary state.

1. Robert Smith says:

Isn’t THAT the truth!!! Go back to Kalifornia and take your politics with you! If your parents weren’t born here, you shouldn’t be here either. GO CO NATIVES!!!

2. Robert Smith says:

3. Robert Smith says:

@ Denverjim:

11. Nick Pacific says:

“When they run out of pets, what are they going to attack then?” Moore said.
    – ummm, OTHER small animals?

12. croashun says:

Darwin strikes again!

1. Rick says:

Yeah, people just don’t get reality… but we all have great opinions…🙂
      oh well…

1. Rick says:

BTW, I am NOT the rick up above with the pellet gun… But, I do have a pellet gun – paper targets mostly, certainly no pets…

13. M 1 says:

Why do cat owners think they have the right to let their nasty little fleabags wander unchecked?

1. Matt Al Waysrite says:

It is in the bill of rights .. look it up ..

1. ex-infantry says:

Please specify which of the first 10 Constitutional Amendments has anything to do with pets.

2. eric says:

Yeah, Matt, where is that? You know you can’t just lie like that. It shows your charactor .. or lack of ..

3. Unknown-1-2-3 says:

Matt – look up the website for kittybeef.com (a fake supplier of cat meat). Nevertheless they have a couple of recipes you might use when your cat(s) don’t make it back home……

2. Matt Al Waysrite says:

excellent eric … mine was a joke … yours?

3. cepe says:

The same rights that let a dirt bag like yourself roam free

14. A.E. Newman says:

George Bush did it, ask Obama.

15. Matthew S King says:

Alf is alive and apparently eating well in Lakewood.

1. Jabba Nator says:

The Melmacian invasion has begun!

16. lostcat says:

maybe it’s Bob Barker, getting the ones that aren’t spayed or neutered.

17. MarlinP says:

This has nothing to do with the new Chinese buffet that just opened.

1. brian says:

I came here for this, I am not disappointed! lol

2. Sam says:

It’s chicken dude, don’t chickens have tails too?

1. Roger Drew Williams says:

Cat actually tastes much more like beef.

3. Ed Cole says:

So that’s my fortune cookie from there last night read: “That Wasn’t Chicken.”

18. Windyplace says:

It’s nature trying to find a balance among humans. Can’t happen. Humans are to detached from reality. Cats are slowly depleting the bird populations and reduce the numbers of traditional food for predators such as rodents.

1. Matt Al Waysrite says:

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha …. seriously .. you’re killing me with that comment ..

1. uisignorant says:

Tell that to the extinct Hawaiian ground nesting birds. 78% are gone from the last thing I read. It was contributed to the d@mn house cat!

2. Matt Al Waysrite says:

@uisignotant – funny your name is you .. watch this, from your own statement .. “extinct Hawaiian ground nesting birds. 78% are gone … ” That is priceless .. THEN THEY ARE NOT EXTINCT!! Ha .. bozo ..

3. uisignorant says:

78% of the species, now go clean the litter box!

4. Matt Al Waysrite says:

Keep changing your facts … they seem a bit suspect to me know .. I disreagrd your comments now as all false since you are changing and manipulating things ..

5. uisignorant says:

Learn to read, and then we will have a conversation.

19. keith says:

people so soon forget that they’re living in what is essentially the home of widlife. You kicked them out to build your fancy home, yet now you complain when they are around and following nature, hunting and eating your pet? If you don’t want them to disappear, then keep them inside. You don’t have to have a cat to let it outside. I have an indoor cat and it is quite content with being inside all the time….and I have coyotes, racoons, possums, and bobcats, with the occassional mountain lion around at times, so it is a pretty simple solution

20. tdrag says:

The latest Obama food program for the losers in life’s lottery.

21. 123 says:

It sounds absurd to suggest that a coyote, fox or bear would be killing a large number of cats. (Leave it to a government worker to suggest something so ridiculous.) Cats are predators themselves with top notch survival skills and agility. Just think about it. It’s more likely these cats are being sacrificed via local occult groups, but I know most everyone thinks that is nonsense because it doesn’t fit their world view.

1. 456 says:

Absurd is right, the occult part that is. if you can’t imagine a coyote taking out 80 cats then try imagining 10 coyotes and see if that clears things up for you. And as far as cat’s having top notch skills – just cause they may be good at taking out songbirds and mice doesn’t mean they can stand up to a creature that hunts for a living.

2. Pikes Peak says:

umm………so, not to rain on your crazy parade, but there was a cat head in my yard last week. . . . I live about 60 miles from Lakewood. Only common factor in the instances in Lakewood and where I live: We have wild animals and people leave their cats outside.

1. SteveO says:

But it’s not like these wild animals just arrived, or people just started leaving their cats outside, so why are these cats disappearing now?

3. BeauW says:

Here in MD, one of the first signs of Coyotes moving into an area is the disappearence of small pets…particularly housecats.

4. 333 says:

I lived on Maui, where there are wild cats everywhere due in part to polynesians not really caring about cats and political correctness where no one wants to say anything bad about locals. I often met a satanist in a coffee shop there who once said, ‘I wish God would get the f#%@ off of my back & let me do what I want.’ A security guard told me he heard cat screams coming from where he & another satanist lived. While at a University in MT I remember a fraternity sacrificed a cat & black cats are often not sold around Halloween time all over the US. This happens often people, esp as the occult grows & Christianity is mocked.

22. Rick says:

Hey lefties…take a lesson out of life.
    Nature contrary to your ideology is not very nice, or fair. No social justice with nature.
    Nature will just as soon leave a leg behind and let you imagine the rest.
    Think about that while you sit in fascination watching some idiot live 50 feet in the air on an electrical tower for days and feed him hamburgers.
    Think about it when you see food stamps given out to the obese while they rest of us starve without jobs because of your savor Obama.

23. Bubba says:

Somebody should call 720-385-9107 and tell them to take down their reward posters. I believe a coyote has probably turned that kitty into turds. No mystery there.

24. Crosscut says:

Check the ethnic restaurants. Cat Chow anyone?

25. buford says:

CAT – The other white meat.

1. Cat Hater says:

That’s funny right there

1. Unknown-1-2-3 says:

See kittybeef.com for a couple of recipes

26. Matt Al Waysrite says:

All of you who think that keeping a cat indoors is the answer care more about yourselves than the cat. A cat wants to be outdoors and free to come and go as it pleases. It is torture to confine a cat indoors but you do it based on your selfishness vs love for the animal. A cat that lives five years outdoors has a better life than one that lives 15 years trapped in a house or worse an apartment. THAT is cruel, so climb down from your high horse .. you are actaully the monster you accuse other of being. Set my critters free.

1. eric says:

Keep your freaking pets out of my yard or they’ll disappear. I don’t care about your pet – keep it in your yard

1. Matt Al Waysrite says:

are you going to break the law eric? please do so you can be put in jail where you belong ..

2. eric says:

No law against taking a cat for a car ride, is there? Just letting them be free and enjoying the outdoors. That’s good, right?

3. Robert Smith says:

Amen!!! I just LOVE target practice! The coyotes do the clean up too! ;-p

4. Matt Al Waysrite says:

There is a law against that eric .. but you almost got the “free’ part right? .. hang in there chump.

5. Robert Smith says:

@ Matt AlwaysWRONG:
        Go back where you came from! We don’t need your Pinko types in our state!

6. Matt Al Waysrite says:

Pinko? You clown, I am conservative. I want the cats to be free and not be kept as a prisoner. I want survial of the fittest. Also as a conservative I believe in the rule of law. It the liberals that feel the laws can be bend if it suits their position. Look in the mirror you jackhole?

7. eric says:

What law is that, Matt?

8. Robert Smith says:

Matt, if you are conservative, I suppose we have some common ground. However, most conservatives I know don’t appreciate all the stupid, silly laws we’re “bound” by, especially the ones in this liberal state.

9. Matt Al Waysrite says:

eric, ask Michael Vick. Robert, I agree with you, but the answer is to change the bad laws, not ignore them as Obama is doing with the Defense of Marraige Act …

10. eric says:

Michael VIck? What the hell are you talking about? He was arrested for operating a dog fighting ring. You reall are an idiot

11. Jon says:

Hey Eric, did you know cat tastes just like rabbit? Baked kitty, YUM!

2. gvmnt45 says:

My 2 130 lb rottweilers want to roam free too. Should I let them in your neighborhood? Thought not.

27. Jeff says:

Cats around here kill song birds and chipmunks so I say the coyotes are welcome to all the cats they can eat. Buy the ticket take the ride Mr. Kitty.

1. jbmw says:

Cats eating birds is part of the circle of life. I have tried flash cards with my cat to show her good bird/bad bird, but I think she has a check list. I encourage her to get sparrows…they keep invading by blue bird houses and purple martin houses.

I think there is probably some sicko (like yourself Jeff) out there dismembering these cats.

28. Joe says:

If a wandering cat makes it to my yard, they are captured and destroyed. I do not want them in my yard. How difficult is that for you cat lovers to understand.

29. Armed Texan says:

Keep your pets neutered and secured. Problem solved!

30. slim says:

coyote bait, possibly, I’ve seen coyotes on clear creek I can’t see a raccoon or possum go after cats. I guess I wander why people are letting their damned cats out in the 1st place.I am guessing Lakewood as any other city in the metro has an ordinance against it.

Perhaps they need to check the local shelters before going into a panic. If you are west of Wadsworth you can guarantee some predator is taking an easy snack.

1. BeauW says:

Checking shelters certainly won’t help with those pets whose parts are being found nearby.

31. Cat Burglar says:

Sounds like there is a “Cat Burglar” lol….

32. muah ha haaa says:

The only good cat is a dead cat.

1. SerfCityHereWeCome says:

So you hate pu$$ie$…have you come out to your parents yet?

33. Drtyden01 says:

Has anyone checked the chow mein at the local Chinese restaurants?

1. Armed Texan says:

Yeah, I ordered the General Tso’s Kitten, but the jerks served me Mew Goo Gai Pan!

34. dontfencemein says:

First of all, If cats loved it inside so much, how come they bolt for the door when its opened? Secondly they are ANIMALS which have instincts ( you know that lovely smell you smell after the neighbor cats have been around?) Thirdly when did it become acceptable to let animals poop in our house and clean it up for them? POOPING IN YOUR HOUSE-EEW (and I don’t even want to hear from the people who train them to go in the toilet). Yes I have owned cats (thirteen years), and the only way I would ever own one again is to leave it outside as a barn cat.

1. Matt Al Waysrite says:

Excellent!! Outside and FREE!! Thank you.

1. Robert Smith says:

Awesome, coyote bait!

2. Matt Al Waysrite says:

Yes Robert, if that is what happens, that is the price of freedom. It comes with risks. I am ok with that, and unless you are a liberal you should be too.

2. Pam says:

And even IF they die younger, hell, we are SO freaking afraid of NATURAL life expectancy doing it’s thing, so WE rot in nursing homes? and legislate, license and otherwise shackle our “charges” our dogs and cats! Let them die earlier but happier. A barn cat is keeping the population of rodents in check for neighbors as well as you. So they get matted? IF you could catch em, you can dematt them. My cats kill mice and love the backyard so there’s no matts. But I won’t argue with you Don. We are all imposing our LAWS on the natural laws of Nature. Doe NOT work. It’s kill or be killed and that’s the whole of it….

35. Dryden01 says:

Great minds think alike: the principle being one man’s pet is another man’s protein

36. Scott says:

I think that the government should put a cat-curfew into effect.

37. Matt Al Waysrite says:

38. Pikes Peak says:

I live near the north base of Pikes Peak and we found a cat head in our yard last week. I have to say, it was beyond disgusting. We paid a neighborhood kid to bury it because it was so nasty.

39. BangBang BANG! says:

Raccoon + shotgun = safe pets/kids. Coyote + shotgun = safe pets/kids. Fox + shotgun = safe pets/kids. Mountain lion + shotgun = safe pets/kids. Bear + shotgun = safe pets/kids. WE are the top of the food chain, whatever the eco-weenies may say to the contrary. If you cede your position as the top predator to some ridiculous PC notion where animals have “rights,” you will become food. Wise up.

1. Robert Smith says:

High-powered pellet guns or .22 CB caps are a much quieter tool… Just sayin.

1. Matt Al Waysrite says:

That is a crime. So if you are ok with that crime then others should be ok too right? Even if they harm you? You are either against crime or you are not, no gray area.

2. Robert Smith says:

@ Matt AlwaysWRONG:
        An armed society is a polite society…
        I can take care of myself, thank you! I don’t t need no big gubment to take care of me.

Freud says you are sexually repressed if you are afraid of guns. You might want to go do some research on that.

3. eric says:

A crime? I thought it was all about survival of the fittest, Matt? If the cat loses, hey that’s nature. What are you, a liberal?

4. skeeter says:

Yo MattAlwaysRight. Lighten up. You seem very rigid in your thinking. Not everyone here shares your narrow opinion. How often do you call the cops on someone? 2,3, 4 times a day? Try this Matt. Log off, get out of your mommys basement, put down the phone, finish your kool-aid, and STFU! Now, go outside, take a drink of some good single malt scotch, smoke a cigar, and chill out. Humans win some, nature wins some. It might not please you, but thats how it is.

5. Matt Al Waysrite says:

skeeter what are you talking about? I agree win some lose some, that’s why iI think it is the right thing to do to let a cat outside .. freedom. People are also free to risk being arrested for shooting a cat .. that’s fine. The kool-aide drinks here are the liberals who want to lock up a cat and say that it is happy. I could buy your mother’s house skeeter adn fill in the basement with cement .. I am in the top 1% of earners … and I am right more often that most people … I am a success and a winnier vecause of my beliefs .. i’m just sayin’ …

2. uisignorant says:

Wow just kill everything…

40. Garr Obo says:

Maybe trhere’s a new Chinese retaurant nearby.

41. Chaz54 says:

I hear they taste like chicken

42. roughman says:

I have two cats. The NEVER go outside.

43. dbsteamboat says:

lakewood is a city?!?!?!?!?!

44. silvereagle says:

Cats-just the other white meat.Easy to cash and ummm! good.Just call here kitty kitty.

45. diana says:

We have some very sick people in this world. Reading these comments nowonder we have such problems in our country. Take care of your animals and your children, they are your responsibility, with these sick minds i can see why there is so much abuse. Be responsible for those smaller than you that cannot fend for themselves. Disgusting!!!

46. Joey S. says:

I think the Federal Government should create a new Department of Cat Security and bring in a full regulatory committee with rules and regulations for Cat ownership.
    I mean, doing this solves all our other problems…right?

1. SerfCityHereWeCome says:

…but first there should be an agency forcing members of the Ruling Parasite Class to wait 7 days for a pollution permit before breathing.

47. Crowman7 says:

I love “CAT”tiatore!

48. Randy says:

Cat stew is actually pretty good if you prepare it right. Just don’t over salt it. And lightly brown the cat meat before you add it to the crock pot. I use virgin olive oil when browing the cat meat on medium high heat. mmmmmmm to die for..

49. Matt Al Waysrite says:

Let that be a lesson to you. “Veggie gardens” deserve to be dominated by meat eating animals. You are intentionally being targeted because you are a weak veggie gardener .. you weakness is your weakness ..

1. Robert Smith says:

Come on, Matt! My deep-freeze is FULL of MEAT I have harvested myself – Elk, Deer, Antelope, Pheasant, Quail, and all sorts of fish. But guess what? I still have a fruit/veggie garden out back. I sure as heck would be taking care of any critter doing harm to my garden! Just like that family of Coons a few years back which ate ALL my corn. And FYI, don’t expect that animal “control” or the DOW will help you out there. Catching and “relocating” the animals somewhere else is also “against the law” (LAME), so what to do? Don’t ask, don’t tell…

50. Beau says:

A bear might take a cat. Just recently a bear took a small dog in Western Maryland while tyhe owner was in the yard. That, however, is very uncommon. I doubt a raccoon or fox would take a cat unless the cat were already sick or injured or perhaps declawed. Otherwise, it would likely be able to hold it’s own. HOWEVER, here in Maryland the first sign that Coyotes are moving into populated areas is the loss of small pets…especially housecats.

51. diana says:

diana,
    i will say it again, anyone that cannot care for their animals and children do not have them. no pet or child should be left outside to the elements to fend for themselves. do you really believe it is better to shorten a pets life outside to be eaten alive? only the ignorant stupid human would think that way. some of these comments make me realize why our country is in the shape it is in, just pure ignorance.

52. sumunownguy says:

CAT
    Cats Are Targets

53. Montford John Greenwood says:

So what? Maybe people are wising up and shooting these often breeders of feral or unwanted cats? Oh wouldn’t that be horrible.

54. Barnes and Barnes says:

Cat heads cat heads
    Roly poly cat heads
    Cat heads cat heads
    eat them up, yum!

55. diana says:

roughman,
    you are the only REAL MAN that has made a decent comment here.

56. Crowman7 says:

Domestic cats make good coyote/fisher/bobcat/bear/lion bait! Smart cats climb trees to escape all but the fisher and maybe the bobcat. Here in TN. the wildlife people re-introduced the fisher just a few miles from where I and my son live. My son has had 3 cats disappear. Any fishers in CO?

57. Steven says:

Bobcat probably.

Lay some traps out with a cat in a safe cage at the end of the trap. Baiting the trap with what the predator is used to killing is the only way you will catch and discover what is killing the pets.

This predator could easily decide on larger prey like small children after it exhausts the supply of pet cats in the territory it is hunting in.

58. RuRu says:

Better check and see if there are Fishers in the area. This is a mean critter and they will kill and eat cats. Vermont is having a problem with them killing cats too. My cat does not go outside.

59. Dona says:

That reporter seemed awfully happy about it…Couldn’t you, at least, fake a little concern, woman?

60. Clem Cadiddlehopper says:

Has anybody checked with the local restaurants to see if one of them is offering a new menu item? I;ve heard that cat tastes just like chicken, the other white meat………

61. Fanodogs says:

I Don’t mind cats, as long as they stay in the road where they belong!

62. Warren says:

Suburban Phoenix resident here – same deal. It’s become a joke. Somebody new moves into the neighborhood and you can bet that within a week there’ll be a sign on the mailbox about Poor List Mitsy.

I’ve watched the coyotes go past my back yard with dead cats in their mouths, taking the feast back to their hungry youngsters.

63. Scott says:

The woman walks her CAT?? That seem a little bizarre to anyone else? Did she teach it to sit and roll over too??

1. Mikey says:

I was at an outdoor concert this past Spring and I saw a lady with a cat on a leash. She would hold it and talk to it and then walk it around. All the while I kept hoping a Redtail Hawk would swing by…

64. Mike C says:

In a totally unrelated development, several new Chinese restaurants have recently opened in the Lakewood area.

65. Aval says:

If you care so much for these cats you’d keep them on a leash when outside rather than roaming around.

Such is usually enforced on dog owners, why would cat owners be allowed differently?

66. Hill411 says:

It is ALF…..he hasn’t been seen or heard from in a long time. This may be his way to get back into TV. Remember the TANner family (he-he…they get the hides, ALF gets the meat). Don’t let your cat wander – keep it in the house. Owls, coyotes, etc. enjoy eating easy meals. I am certain there may also be some humans who cook up a mean cat-stew. Cats are missing? This is big news? Let’s concentrate on Children are missing…y’know…something really important.

67. Justin haus says:

Found , next to park, yellow tabby cat, no collar, but answers to here, here, kitty. Very friendly, very soft, tasted like chicken. Thanks a bunch for the lunch.

Wiley coyote

P.S. Small fuzzy mittens for sale or trade for tasty rodentia – meet weeknights in the green belt, east of the park at dusk.

This was from an actual story form jeffco seveal years back

68. Melvin says:

Could be a recent influx of Koreans or Chinese.

69. Bobd1842 says:

Check out the Chineese restaurants……

70. diana says:

stupid matt al waysright-to prove your stupidity, one of my rescued cats got out. i searched for 6 weeks for her, she was in the woods nearby because people would see her(she had a blue collar) i finally trapped her. she was in pathetic shape, starving,weak. to this day when the door is open she goes the other way. this is what you call loving your pet? another week and she would have been dead. you are so stupid i am in disbelief. she sat in fron of a heater for a month because she just could not be warm enough. THAT IS LOVE YOU IGNORAMUS. i can see what kind of a parent you will be. let the kid do whatever he wants. NO RESPONSIBILITY–YOU ARE IRRESPONSIBLE. this is not a pet problem, it never is it is people problem. just as with children, it is a parental problem not a child problem. no reponsibility no problems for any of you.

1. Matt Al Waysrite says:

stupid diana, you want to use your one situation to try to paint it on the whole world .. your cat … look at your own words .. “I finally trapped her” trapped! I have rescued more cats that you have I bet .. you give your cat a choice to go out or not and it choses not to .. that is fine .. others do not give them that choice and hold them against their will. If done right the cat comes back as my resues do .. yours did want to for some reason .. perhaps it is your not-so-freshness that drove it off .. you lose!

71. chocgrl says:

I think a puppy is one of the cutest things. However, pets are another sign of an over privileged society. They suck up too many resources that could better be used to support humans. If you have to depend on a pet for love and companionship on a planet with billions of people, you need to check yourself. If it’s a working animal with an actual purpose like animals that support farms, that’s different.

72. dobermann says:

Keep the stinking felines in the house. DEATH TO ALL CATS. If I woke up as God tomorrow, my first official act?? ALL cats would fall dead immediately.

73. CS says:

Keep coddling illegals and they will start eating your dogs soon too.

74. Mik says:

Is there a Chinese restaurant neaby?

75. Gunk says:

This is a CATastrophe….

76. dober mann says:

These old senile grannies with dozens of cats should be eliminated.

1. Pam says:

I agree, signed 74 and a cat lover whose favorite scent lately? is ammonia.

77. jdt44 says:

In September, after his vacation, Obama will give a major speech on his comprehensive federal cats program. Just to be sure of the cat owners vote next year.

78. Mark Carlton says:

Have the local authorities rounded up any dogs for questioning?

79. diaf says:

What kinda of owner lets their cat outside?

1. Matt Al Waysrite says:

One who believes it is cruel to keep them captive .. you values are not mine. I think yours are bad.

80. Don in Seattle says:

Matt,
    What do I need to do to keep the neighborhood cats from leaving me “presents’ in my flowerbeds and garden in my backyard?

I don’t want to hurt the animals but I find that this is very disrespectful and unhealthy.

Why can’t cat owners keep their animals out of my yard like the dog owners do?

1. Jimmy says:

Feed the cat tuna fish with anti-freeze and shredded glass. That’ll take care of the problem.

1. reptillycus says:

You are evil.

2. Matt Al Waysrite says:

Great question Don, you are going to love the answer too. You need to go out there and mark your territory (yes that is what i mean). Mark it often and all over the place and they will know that you are teh alpha aminal in the area. Also, after you mark it, you need to prance around a bit making grunting noises, they will equate the noise with your dominacne and they will avoid your yard. See, we can all get along peesfully (sp).

81. diana says:

i really love all these MACHO MAN statements made by these so called men? these are the men who are supposed to lead. there is nothing better than a big strong man having the kindness for animals. THAT IS A REAL MAN., not this sick humor. also you stupid left wing and idiot muslims these cats have nothing to do with the wars we are fighting or any other subject. anytime anything is brought up you start ranting how many children we kill overseas. how many of your own have you blown to pieces?? stupid ignorant people. you are killing your own!! stick to the story people. take your jihad somewhere else. these are innocent pets who’s owners are irresponsible.

82. Jimmy says:

Had aneighbor who let her cat run free. Came into my yard and tried to eat my fish, pooped in garden. Someone fed the little pest a can of tuna with anti-freeze and shredded glass. No more cat problem. I have signs that say No Trespassing. That means your pets as well.

83. George Johnson says:

Free roaming cats equals target practice. Love your cat? Want to own a cat? Keep it INSIDE or on a LEASH!

84. tramky says:

Why is this news? Complaining about cats being wiped out in Colorado is like complaining about the sun rising every morning. Geez!

Four-legged & flying predators are everywhere, all the time, and domestic cats are prime vittles. Either you don’t have a cat in Colorado, or it is kept as a house cat, not an outdoor cat.

But why should cats be ‘allowed’ to roam free? I don’t want government agencies enforcing that–too expensive. The more cats get eaten, the better.

85. havinfunyet says:

Sounds like nature finally found something cats are good for.

86. Unknown-1-2-3 says:

Sidney – I too have trouble with my car roaming outside. I took the keys away and it stopped.

87. Lost a cat in Lakewood too says:

In 2002 I lived in Lakewood Co. and had two cats: one out door and the other indoor. The outdoor cat did not come home one day and the same day my neighbor came crying telling me that she found part of her cat skinned with no meat left in the trash bin and that it was well known then that restaurant owners frequently took cats from the Lakewood neighborhood to serve as food…Investigation necessary to determine if cats, dogs, other pets, and wild life in general are on the menu. There is nothing new what so ever about pets missing in Lakewood Colorado only just reported about in media 2011. Allowing some to serve and sell cats and dogs and stolen pets and wild life as food should be addressed. Some may have been lost to wild animals but most are well known to have ended up on someone’s plate for many years now. Not oppose to hunting and killing wild life for consumption but would be good to know what the mystery meat in that food being sold really is…what is next HUMANS?

1. yvette says:

OMG.. i thought that the comments about the cats ending up as human food was a joke, but after reading your post, i think it sure is a possibility. that is just disgusting!

1. Lost a cat in Lakewood too says:

For some eating cats, dogs, insects, birds, worms, and wild life may be a “cultural norm”, however, with the current US economy where restaurants old and new, rich and poor are closing/failing at an alarming pace, one should never assume just one race and/or culture would act as such…after all “free meat” with no overhead costs may attract many who are struggling. Again cats missing in Lakewood Co. is nothing new only just now reported in the media in 2011 and an investigation is long over due. Thank you for the reporting this well known long term problem in Lakewood Colorado. FYI A hungry news journalist could make the effort to sample and test meats in restaurants and may be your ticket for a national explosive news worthy story here! Just be careful to be PC and/or equal and fair because not just one race/ culture enjoys saving money.

88. Tony says:

any chinese restaurants in the area?

89. Tony says:

any good chinese restaurants in the area?

90. N Bailey says:

Owls and coyotes love cat for dinner. Had 22 outdoor cats in a little town in the California desert, over a period of 35 years. If you value your cat, get a box, buy the litter and keep him indoors. It only makes sense.

91. PW says:

Are we sure that it’s wild animals killing the cats? What’s the Vietnamese population in Lakewood? When I lived in New Orleans, which has a large Vietnamese population, there a number of occasions when it was discovered that they were eating the cats. After all, it is a staple of their diet where the come from.

92. TxnByBrth says:

Coyotes are always a threat to domestic pets (cats, small dogs, etc). We have many in our area just outside Austin, TX and I believe we lost our cat to neither coyote or foxes…there was a Broad Wing Hawk working our area about the time our cat and 5 or 6 others disappeared over a 4 or 5 week period. I watched the bird fly around for several days, admiring its flight…then when I asked a game warden about the bird I learned cats and small dogs are included in their food supplies…wish I had of shot the damn bird!

1. Mikey says:

Having lived in north Texas all my life I can attest to what kind of damage a single bird of prey can do. I recall one Redtail that probably killed 10-20 ducklings in just one month.

They are quite striking though. I don’t harbor any ill will towards them for doing what they must to survive.

93. PW says:

It might be the Vietnamese eating them.

1. đói cho thịt says:

Vì vậy, xin lỗi – không biết bạn muốn mèo trở lại!Vấn đề với những con mèo mà tôi không thể ăn một toàn bộ một mình người yêu

1. Mikey says:

LOL. This is what Google translate thinks you said:

“So sorry – did not know you cats are back! The problem with cats that I can not eat a whole one I love”

The only thing I recognized was “xin loi”.

94. Angry Ranger says:

Must’ve been a really slow newsday? It’s pretty obvious it’s coyotes – cat to them is like catnip to said cat, only tastier… Odds are the reason it’s more pronounced this season is because the rodent/small fuzzy mammal population is most likely down (I know last year was an off year for rabbits where I am) – and with a lack of normal food, it’s probably driving them to folks pets since they’re usually easy targets. And don’t let fences fool you – they’ll jump one for a kitty in a heartbeat.

And I’m all for less outdoor cats – helps my back yard birdies survive (so to a degree, I like coyotes)

95. Dee says:

I am a firm believer that all CATS should Be indoor cats..It’s the SAFEST way to keep them. There is no such thing as an Indoor outdoor cat. Stop letting Cats outside if they are your pets.. They go outside they are targets for other animals, cars, and mean people. We have cats, they are all Indoors..and are happy and healthy and safe.

1. Tony says:

but if they stayed inside… what would the coyotes eat? Dee, you are mean.

96. Tony says:

NOT a cat person!!! I just got my boat out of the shop after the neighborhood cat had a litter of kittens in my boat and destroying the carpet. It cost me $1500. So it would be ok with me if we ban cats. And/Or keep your cats in your house so they can smell up your house!!!!

97. barrington says:

there is nothing illegal about trapping animals in your own yard. buy a have-a-heart trap and when the critters show up in your yard and you catch them, take them to the animal shelter or take them 20 miles away and “set them free”.

98. Lombard Streets says:

Typical See B S . . . they have never been in the truth business. Foxes do not prey on cats. A small house cat would kick a fox’s ass, that’s why foxes always run away. Foxes prey on mice.

99. Tony says:

100. Tony says:

101. Tony says:

1. JLin says:

What do you do on that boat? It’s a boat. It’s for fishing. Ruin the carpet? Who cares. Save your money. You can’t get your money back out of your boat anyway.

1. Tony says:

Very nice bass boat vs nasty cat… i think a 25 cent bullet fixes this issue.

2. Tony says:

Bang!!!…. ok, not more cat to worry about messing up my boat. 🙂

102. JOe Dutra says:

I tot I saw a puddy tat. I did! I did!

103. Tom says:

They are called House Cats. Keep them in the House.. Seems pretty simple to me!!

104. 51 Phantom says:

In other Lakewood news; a new Chinese restaurant opens!

105. John says:

John
    Anyone check the Chinese eating establishments in the area?

106. anonymous says:

There are some hungry people out there now, and they’ll be a lot more as we go along…

107. splitherus says:

You know when pets and animals go missing that’s because something bad with nature is going to happen.

108. Charlie Chan says:

I noticed that the little Chinese kid down the street has gotten chunkier lately.

109. slap says:

If you are tired of roaming cats going to the bathroom in your garden nad childrens play areas, you will welcome whatever is cleaning up that neighborhood.

110. Michele Lloyd says:

Has anyone checked the Chinese and Vietnamese resturants for new menu items?

111. NormB says:

No sympathy here.

Cats spread diseases and destroy wild bird population.

I used to trap around 2 to 3 a week when I lived in Hawaii and the Dept of Fish and Game
    would come pick ’em up to be destroyed. Here I trap them when I can and drop them off
    at the ASPCA – Dept. of Natural Resources won’t come out for them. It’s a real pain in the neck
    to do, but someone has to be the grown up in the culture.

What’s probably taking them out is coyotes. Last time I checked, they have returned to every
    state, every county in the country; we have them here just 15 miles north of the white house
    (to be returned to respectful capitalizations when the current denizens go back home, wherever that is).
    For whatever reason, coyotes LOVE house cats.

House cats, Felis domesticus, are just that, HOUSE cats. Outside, they’re vermin, or food for
    ‘yotes or the homeless.

Don’t get me wrong, I love cats. I just can’t eat a whole one.

Norm

112. Elmer Fudd says:

Lots of Chinese rests. nearby!

113. Unreconstructed Rebel says:

Coyotes, bears, cougars, “chicken” hawks and great horned owls are varmints. When a varmint threatens you or your property you kill it. Always has been that way and always should be that way. Whether it’s a man or a bear trying to break into your house, shoot and kill it. It’s just barely believable to me that anyone could have a bear trying to break in and just call the cops. I’m from rural North Louisiana and the law of survival and protection of ones property has always been the primary law here. We don’t depend on others for our safety, we depend on ourselves.

114. Rod Anders says:

Obamoron has put everyone out of work. They have to eat something!

115. robert holiday says:

any new chinese or mex resturants in town??

116. theywontwin says:

this one’s easy. There are religious zealots on the other side too — they’re called luciferians or commonly — satanists. They still sacrifice animals and people too (think a bunch of animals, kids and women just go missing for no reason? — don’t think so). Also, pathetic losers are stealing animals out of neighborhoods and right out of peoples front yards, to sell them to research centers for various testing. But this story sounds like they’re finding pieces of cat — so I’m inclined to believe that it’s cult or satanic rituals.

117. bill.1942 says:

Is there a new tamale stand in town?

118. Mike says:

Is Curtis Moore a fool??? Wildlife is not confinied just to the mountains! If you want to keep your pets safe keep them indoors. And always remember we are the guest of wildlife!!

119. Jan says:

sounds like devil worshippers

120. Kim says:

The solution is to keep pet cats inside. The romantic notion of an alley cat’s life of blissful freedom does not reflect reality. The world is full of dangers for them – cars, pesticides, owls and other prey species, and cruel people. I have 3 cats, all rescues from the outdoors. They are perfectly happy being indoor-only cats now.

121. Trysk says:

Has anyone check the radiation levels? Just sayin’

122. Hank Warren says:

Illegals stealing everything, yet another violation of our rights. Add it to the list of gov’t violations of our rights:
    They violate the 1st Amendment by placing protesters in cages, banning books like “America Deceived II” and censoring the internet.
    They violate the 2nd Amendment by confiscating guns.
    They violate the 4th and 5th Amendment by molesting airline passengers.
    They violate the entire Constitution by starting undeclared wars for foreign countries.
    Impeach Obama, vote for Ron Paul.
    (Last link of Banned Book):

1. Bill H says:

Wow. An article on missing cats evolved into this.

123. theo says:

Cat experts always say keep your cats indoors, only take them out on a leash. They live much longer and stay much healthier that way. Get a cat tree or two for them, play with them daily, let a few moths in during the summer for them to chase, and they’re happy! That’s what I do with mine – I wouldn’t dream of letting him wander around outside on his own with all the other cats, dogs, coyotes, strange people, etc., would be cruel. Wish I’d done that earlier in life with my other cats, who all got into fights, got hurt, got hit by cars, disappeared and never came back – which about kills you – never again! Now I have a healthy, happy, and very protected beauty, safe indoors at home.

124. Terribleme says:

Maybe one of those bears will answer the posters and return her cat…

125. Arthur Wensleydale says:

Why are the cats outside? If the pet owners don’t care enough about their pet to take proper care of them I’m unsure why there’s a big deal being made of this. Animals shouldn’t be at large. How can they disappear without anyone knowing how if they’re properly cared for.

1. moonwatcher says:

Arthur, many people who live out in the country have “indoor/outdoor” cats. They come in to eat and sleep, but love to roam freely. Cats usually stay within a mile of their homes if they are fixed, and never get “lost”. It was only in the last 5 years that the coyotes became such a problem here in North Carolina.

126. moonwatcher says:

Unfortunately, coyotes are a major problem. They have even moved into North Carolina after the farmers shot all the grey wolves, which opened up an ecological niche for them. They have killed countless pets and cut the population of wild rabbits and deer. And since they are interbreeding with wild dogs, they are losing thier fear of humans. I absolutely hate this. I worry abotu my cats and hope they stay close.

1. normB says:

worrying about them is one thing. Caring about them and your neighbor’s environment is entirely another. Keep them inside.

127. sean patriot says:

“About a dozen cats have vanished over the past few months near the Denver Federal Center ”

Umm the only thing in common here is “Denver Federal Center “

128. sean patriot says:

Y’all know me. Know how I earn a livin’. I’ll catch this killer for ya, but it ain’t gonna be easy… Bad fish. It’s not like going down to pond chasin’ blue gills or tommy cots. This chinaman – swallow ya hole. L’il shakin’, l’il tenderizin’, down ya go. Now we gotta do it quick, that’ll bring back the tourists, that’ll put all your businesses on a payin’ basis. But it’s not gonna be pleasant! I value my neck a lot more than 3000 bucks chief! I’ll find him for three, but I’ll catch him… and kill him… for ten! Now you gotta make up your minds. Gonna stay alive and ante up? Or ya wanna play it cheap, be on welfare the whole winter. I don’t want no volunteers; I don’t want no mates. There’s too many captains on this island. Ten thousand dollars for me by myself. For that you get the head, the tail, the whole damn thing.

129. Dave Cook says:

Might want to check some of the local restaurants.

130. Alvin Marcott says:

the owners are kind of bringing it on themselves. don’t let your cats run around and this will stop happening.

131. Pat says:

From Pat

Come on folks, get smart! Keep your animals IN. Build a cat run.
    Keep a dog who will let you know when wild animals are near.

I refuse to feed my cats to wild critters!!!

132. diana says:

matt al waysrite, my rescue that got out was originally a ferel, that is why is was so hard to get her back. you are the problem dude. you belieive in leaving your cats go free. have you read some of these sick comments? this is what your animal is up against? not just predetors, but some of the creepiest, sickest people we have. i can see why we have a nut in the whitehouse! it is sad you’all have turned this tradgedy into a joke, when in fact you are the tradgedy. it is awful that we have bred such degenerites. such sick people–oh well, karma, my friends, karma. i feel sad for any one mocking this sad event..

133. big hank says:

any new chinese restaurants open recently?

1. JLin says:

There was an engineering crew many years ago that was excavating in Paris, under what used to be a famous restaurant known for Lapin a La Cocotte – French Rabbit Stew. In a natural cavern they uncovered under the site, they found thousands and thousands of cat skeletons. It seems the Filipinos and Chinese aren’t the only cat cuisine lovers.

134. MeHere says:

Maybe you damn cat lovers will stop leaving your cats outside. Less cat shiat in my yard and you don’t lose your pwecious wittle kitties…

135. larryhagedon says:

Turning cats loose at night is an incedibly cruel and dumb thng to do. First to die are all the songbirds the cats can find on the nests or roosting low. Most places it is illegal to kill songbirds, so thoughtless cat owners turn their cats loose to kill the birds by proxy.

The cat owners should be prosecuted for cruelty to animals for doing that.

Then the bigger, stronger predators kill the cats, which is poetic justice I guess, but often the songbirds are already dead.

136. Snuff says:

A future serial killer is practicing on small animals. When he done with that he will move on the small children. You need to start taking a close look at your neighbors kids. A loner with few friends and little parental supervision…that is who you are looking for. Get him before he gets you.

137. JLin says:

I like fried songbirds on a stick, battered in egg and flour. Leave the guts. No feathers though. My cat used to make presents of them to me until I had him declawed for tearing up my JBL speakers. He gave me the cold shoulder for a week or so but he got over it. I must say I do miss having the occasional songbird on a stick…

138. andy says:

George Bush is taking these cats and making them bite Democrats.

139. Aust says:

Dingo’s got my baby!

140. Indy says:

Have they opened alot of Thia restaurants lately?

141. J Wilson says:

142. gvmnt45 says:

Simple solution!! Don’t let your damn cats out of the house! I don’t let my dogs roam free. Hell maybe the dogs would clean up some of the Vermin. a pair of 130 lb Rotts… Here kitty kitty

143. john hansen says:

In the Netherlands we have the same problem. Behind the mystery is a Eastern-European gang who sells the cats.for fur.

Sorry for the cat-owners but I’m afraid they will never see their cats back..

Use google for the translation of the article.

144. JoeCitizen says:

“When they run out of pets, what are they going to attack then?” Moore said………..

It’s the same with people! When they run out of free handouts and welfare, who do you think they are going to attack? Anyone who appears to be easy prey.

145. Will says:

Have people totally forgotten about alien abductions? Check for signs of anal probing on any cat that reappears. Aliens always probe the anus of their abductees.

146. Searock says:

… has any one ever been to Haiti, ever notice there are no cats? …

… how many Haitians has the town got? …

147. gvmnt45 says:

I LOVE cat!! Tastes like Chicken.

148. don says:

cat tacos are a hot item here in Surprise, AZ !! 🙂

149. Master Hunglo's restaurant says:

No..we no see your cat around here..please stop asking!-
    Master Hinglo’s Restaurant

150. SamIAm says:

While I feel sorry for people who lost their pets, I hope they learn and spread the lesson to never let your pets run loose without supervision. Cats are a neighborhood nuisance, when they leave your yard they aren’t out picking up litter and planting flowers. They are killing wildlife, using neighbors gardens as a litter box, scratching neighbors patio furniture, or getting into other mischief that only shortens their lives (hit by cars, spreading feline aids with cat fights). NO good comes from letting a cat run loose. All pets must be under the owners control at all times, otherwise they should find a new owner for them. A shame it takes a coyote or satanic ritual to make people realize this.

151. SamIAm says:

While I feel sorry for people who lost their pets, I hope they learn and spread the lesson to never let your pets run loose without supervision. Cats are a neighborhood nuisance, when they leave your yard they aren’t out picking up litter and planting flowers. They are killing wildlife, using gardens as a litter box, scratching neighbors patio furniture, or getting into other mischief that only shortens their lives (hit by cars, spreading feline aids with cat fights). NO good comes from letting a cat run loose. All pets must be under the owners control at all times, otherwise they should find a new owner for them. A shame it takes a coyote or satanic ritual to make people realize this.

152. Doug says:

It’s got to be the chupacabra.

153. Mark Cash says:

I am not trying to downplay the loss of beloved pets, but isn’t there a law against letting your cats running around loose? I don’t doubt for an instant that I would be fined if I let my dog run around the neighborhood loose. Keep your cats indoors and spay and neuter them so we don’t end up with too many tasty little morsels running around town attracting even more dangerous animals that could hurt children!

154. Lucius says:

That THUMP in you tire you thought was a flat. I checked my tire and found your cat.
    Sorry

155. woodster says:

Slow news day. Just get another cat.

156. Kelly Colgan Azar says:

Cats kill 800 million birds a year in the United States. Yes, you read that right, 800 million. I hope whatever is getting your cats comes east. We can use some help reducing the population of outdoor cats in Pennsylvania.

1. Armoney Washington says:

northern californians dont care how many golden eagles get killed in their slap’m up wind farms , but a dang flower will stop drilling. some people need to get out of public service and take meds

157. Hiheels says:

I had 9 new baby quail till the neighborhood cat was spotted in the field. They’re all gone. People keep your phucking cats at home, its kitty karma

158. bigger bill says:

Feral cats are a problem everywhere. Along with feral hogs. There is no posibility we will run out of them, ever. They are one reason coyotes are so common everywhere. They have a food source. People that sorta own a few cats and put food out for them are contributing to the problem.

159. Armoney Washington says:

160. Ron says:

Check the local Chinese restaurant!!!

161. mw says:

I love my cats and dogs. My cats like being both outside and inside. They live a great life. And when a predator eats one, I go to the humane society and get a replacement for $25.00. In the long run, it all works out.

162. Don says:

What / who is at the top of the food chain? Maybe it / (s)he ate the cats.

Have you checked the price of groceries lately?

I am serious and just sayin’…

163. Scott says:

I live next to a greenbelt in Arvada. Over the years I’ve found pieces of three different cats along the sidewalk in the greenbelt. The coyotes use the greenbelt as a freeway to get around, and cats make nice snacks.

164. Jack says:

Why are so many cat owners such lazy, elitist slobs? Why do you think it’s ok to let your nasty cats roam the neighborhoods freely? Cats are very destructive to delicate landscaping, kill millions of birds and their urine smells to high heavens.

Have some consideration for others and keep you damn cats indoors or use a leash.

165. Chica says:

I live in Lakewood and my dad told me he saw very large bird (he knew the name of it, I can’t remember) swooping and harassing a cat across the street. Do hawks or any other large bird around here eat cats?

166. Susan says:

Just a suggestion here. If you have lost a pet, and you post a photo with your info, please remember to includes your pet’s name. Your pet might respond to hearing it’s name called, but may otherwise run from a well-meaning human.

167. bill says:

Pets love us because we are the food people

168. Chairman Wiidong says:

Are there any Vietnamese in the area?

169. John says:

Are there any new restaurants in town!!!!!

170. Man Chi says:

There’s a cat in the cradle at the Peking Room little boy blue and the man on the moon.

1. WoChi says:

They cover him up in dough boy, yeah they fry him real crisp in dough.

171. Tom Hagen says:

I wonder if the new menu item on a local Korean restaurant….Satay Meow…is related to the disappearances?

172. Jasonn says:

Coyotes have to eat too. If you keep your cats inside or under your immediate supervision and control as you would a dog then there shouldn’t be a problem.

173. Michael says:

Cats are the reason for war and conflict among peace loving men (and woman) if we could secretly get rid of all cats there would be a lot more love in the world.If a woman has two cats or more she has no love life.. If a man has two or more cats then he is messed up too. I mean just look at all the hate this cat talk has brought to the surface. Get rid of the cats and usher in an era of great peace. PEACE NOW!

174. geronimo says:

Has a new Indian cuisine restaurant opened in the area lately?

175. george bush says:

If i was a betting man i would put a 100$ that says its a coyote, They dont usually eat cats but they will kill them in a second! They get them in their mouths and shke them back and forth..I have had several cats in Texas and have seen them do it!! But its a crazy world and who knows????

176. reptillycus says:

I would like to live outdoors too, but it is mainly the two-legged varmints that keep me inside, and my cats stay inside too when I live in a city. When I live in the mountains they can go outside any time they want.

177. Frined-of-Nature says:

Investigate “Mysterious Half Cats” Investigate “another cat found cut in half”. Investigate “cat mutilations continue”. Investigate “serial pet killer”. Investigate ”
    Same Person Mutilating Cats in Two States?”.

178. ck says:

All my friends are animals.🙂 I have a dog who goes outside under direct supervision and it’s the same with the cats.It’s my personal preference – fits in with my values re: animals as pets, respect for nature and wildlife. Coyotes eat cats as snacks, just do a google search for those stats. And it’s true that cats are decimating the small critter population, esp. the song birds – which I enjoy. Again, just do a google search. Cats are skilled hunters and often just toy with their prey, not even eating it. Also, there’s lots of bacteria in a cats’ saliva so all it takes is a bite and oftentimes the creature is a goner. Owls and hawks eats cats and small dogs, too. I have a friend who lives in a rural area and one night her kitty came home with a talon stuck in its head.
    And…theres.lots of bad people out there who cut their teeth for killing people on animals. I choose not to expose my pets, dogs or cats to an unsavory demise. I like animals more than most people, can’t imagine finding my cat’s paw or tail out in the yard….couldn’t forgive myself.

179. owen hanes says:

Excellent suggestions ! I Appreciate the analysis – Does someone know if I could possibly get a blank NCAR SF 411-T form to type on ?