Longmont House Under Asbestos Abatement Goes Up In Flames

LONGMONT, Colo.  (CBS4) – Investigators say faulty wiring may have caused an early morning house fire in Longmont.

The fire happened Sunday morning on East 5th Avenue. The house was unoccupied and undergoing asbestos abatement.

Fire crews put out the fire in just 15 minutes. All 15 firefighters had to go through decontamination as a precaution after working in the asbestos area.

Nobody was hurt.

Fire crews say the home is a total loss.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Denver

JonBenét Ramsey Docuseries
DAY OF SERVICE

Listen Live

AM/FM Stations

Featured Shows & Multimedia