FORT COLLINS, Colo. (CBS4/AP) — Authorities say a fire that started in a bush and damaged part of a Fort Collins duplex was sparked by fireworks.
Three people were displaced by the fire Friday afternoon. The Poudre Fire Authority says the fire spread from the bush to the one-story, wood-frame building.
No one was injured and four dogs survived.
The fire damaged one unit’s exterior. There was also extensive smoke damage.
The unit next door was all right.
Fire officials say the fireworks that ignited the blaze are illegal in the Fort Collins city limits. This particular firework is legal within certain areas of unincorporated Larimer County, however no fireworks are legal to use or even possess with the City of Fort Collins.
(TM and © Copyright 2011 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2011 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)