COMING UP: Tonight On CBS4 News At 10 p.m.: Save The Children (Watch Preview)

Beauty Parlor Boiler Blamed For Fire

ALAMOSA, Colo. (AP) – Alamosa Fire Chief Don Chapman says a fire that destroyed four businesses on Main Street in Alamosa was caused by paper towels and plastic stored next to a water heater.

Chapman said Thursday the fire Wednesday night was called in by salon employees, who tried to put it out with a fire extinguisher.

The salon shared the building with three other businesses.

The Pueblo Chieftain says a fifth building survived but suffered smoke damage.

(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press.  All Rights Reserved.)

Comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Denver

JonBenét Ramsey Docuseries
DAY OF SERVICE

Listen Live

AM/FM Stations

Featured Shows & Multimedia