COMING UP: CBS4 Takes A Closer Look At Home Grown Pot, Tonight on CBS4 at 10 (Watch Preview)

Charges Filed In Fatal Wrong-Way I-25 Crash

DENVER (CBS4) – A 26-year-old woman was charged on Thursday after a deadly crash on Interstate 25 two weeks ago.

barry victoria Charges Filed In Fatal Wrong Way I 25 Crash

Victoria Barry (credit: Denver Police Dept.)

Denver’s district attorney charged Victoria Barry with two counts of vehicular homicide.

Prosecutors say she was driving drunk on May 14 and was headed southbound in the northbound lanes of I-25 at Downing when the crash happened.

Barry crashed into a car driven by Lilly Duncan Of Colorado Springs. Duncan died at the scene.

Barry is out on bond.

Comments

1. Emily T. Bridge says:

I can’t believe this girl is out on bond after killing Lilly.

1. SR says:

Victoria is also a beautiful person who wasn’t drunk that night.
      This is sad forsure I pray for Lilly’s family and most of all her daughter. and Victoria and her family are very sad over this whole thing. but please keep in mind she hasn’t done any thing wrong untill she goes court and a judge says the final word. God Bless everyone involed. R.I.P. Lilly

2. Robyn Vie-Carpenter says:

I hope that she has body guards…there are a lot of people that loved Lilly and hold a great deal of anger toward this young woman.

1. SR says:

Victoria is also a beautiful person who wasn’t drunk that night.

2. SR says:

I hope when Lilly ran over a man and he later died that she didn’t need body guards. I’m sure he had alot of people that love him and he left behind a wife. R.I.P. LILLY

3. Veronica says:

She will pay for what she did. All that knew Lilly and love her will never stop until we get justice on behalf of Lilly and her friends and family and her beautiful daughter who will now grow up without her mother.

4. Angela L says:

I think it’s very sad that innocent people lose their lives because other selfish people make poor choices and drive drunk. I believe the laws need to be much tougher on drunk drivers. This is a completely preventable situation!!

5. JeepDriver says:

Moments like this make me think EVERY car should have an Alcohol Interlock System, for those that don’t know –
    You have to do an Alcohol Breath test before the car will start up. Usually reserved for repeat DUI offenders.
    Then this young lady would have never Killed anyone.

6. J O'Donnell says:

Given what happened is horrible but I don’t think AIS will fix the problem. Others in the car that are not drinking can alway blow for the person. DUI offenders know how to cheat the system. Plus, the cost to have that in your car isn’t cheap. Have you ever had one?

7. Rob says:

This is the third case of drunken drivers going the wrong way in the past few years. All 3 were women??? I don’t know why.

Lilly from what I have read seem liked a truly beautiful person. I guess the price to install a AIS is high but how much is an innocent life worth? Take care of her Lilly’s daughter and pray we never see this type of thing again.

Sorry for your loss,
    Rob

8. Roxanne Falco says:

Lilly Duncan Memorial Fund
    ENT Federal Credit Union
    719-574-1100

9. Brian says:

i hope the DA’s office question Vicky’s friends who were drinking with her and told her not to drive

10. Amy says:

This makes me SO SO angry!!!!! She should NOT have the option to be out on bond!!!!!! She chose to drive after drinking and she took away an innocent life because of that very selfish choice!!!! She should NOT be having any freedom what so ever!! She is free right now around her family and friends while she has shattered that option for a whole entire group of other people!! Why why why would she even get the option to bond out!!!! This is NOT ok!!

11. JB says:

Victoria is also a beautiful person who made a terrible, irreversable mistake. I’m sure every person has made a mistake or a poor decision.
    This is SOO sad… I pray for Lilly’s family and most of all her daughter… but I also pray for Victoria who must feel horrible for this mistake that she can’t take back. Broken Hearts all the way around.

12. Tradeal Robinson says:

I will never pray for someone that thinks its ok to DRINK and DRIVE, (JB) to u , I bet your her family and i know u want to make excuses for VICTORIA but u cant ,anyone who loves lilly will never see it your way or ever want any thing but for her to suffer like lilly’s family ,we will never see her smile or laugh or cry or just hold her hand or a hug no we don’t get that any more we have memories that’s it ,so I’m not sorry for being so bitter and no i will not pray for a KILLER and that she is a KILLER with no HEART . put VICTORIA in lilly’s place and then u can pray but until then save it cause it don’t bring her daughters HEART back .

1. SR says:

Do you know Lilly ran over a man and took his life in 2001? Really a sad thing too. R. I. P. Lilly

2. SR says:

Tradeal I wonder if Lilly’s family and friends made excuses for her in 2001 when she killed a older man with here car.

13. SR says:

Victoria is also a beautiful person who wasn’t drunk that night. She had A glass of wine maybe (not sure yet ).

14. Chip Watkins says:

All would be best if those commenting would not presume that Ms. Barry is guilty of either vehicular homicide or drunk driving. Our legal system presumes that a defendant is innocent until proved guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

There are significant problems with the evidence developed by the Denver PD (e.g., Ms. Barry walked several blocks from the party to her car in stiletto heels (not possible if you’re drunk), no indication from officers at the scene that they smelled alcohol on Ms. Barry’s breath, no accident reconstruction by DPD, witnesses’ statements about the direction Ms. Barry was traveling); and the allegations do not correspond to Ms. Barry’s route from the party she attended to her home.

This is a tragedy for all involved–both Ms. Duncan’s family and Ms. Barry. However, no purpose is served by lynching someone based on false allegations.

1. SR says:

Chip I agree 100% with you!