Police: Toddler Ate Marijuana Cookies
DENVER (AP) – Denver police say a 2-year-old boy was hospitalized after eating cookies that contained marijuana.
Court records show Denitra Vigil, 25, brought her son to the hospital on March 19 after he appeared unusually sleepy. Hospital officials said marijuana’s active ingredient, THC, was found in his system.
Records show Vigil said her son climbed on a chair in the kitchen and opened the freezer, where the cookies were kept in a bag. Police say Vigil didn’t know how many cookies the boy ate.
Child Protective Services told police that he was lethargic through the night, but stable.
Vigil was arrested on a misdemeanor child abuse charge and released on a $10,000 bond.
Vigil’s attorney declined comment to Thursday.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)