cbs4
COMING UP: Hard Luck Husband?, Tonight At 10 (Watch Preview)

Local

Family Escapes Burning Home In Northglenn

View Comments

NORTHGLENN, Colo. (CBS4)- A family escaped from their burning home at about 10:10 a.m. on Tuesday. Fire investigators said an electric candle warmer was accidentally left on and overheated, causing the fire.

Two adults and a child escaped the burning home at 11886 High Street. One resident suffered minor injuries and was taken to the hospital.

The family also had five animals, two dogs and three cats. One dog and a cat survived, but the other pets died from smoke inhalation.

Firefighters traced the origin of the fire to the electric candle warmer in a bedroom in the basement. Investigators said the fire was accidental.

Damage from the fire is estimated at $50,000. The family will not be able to stay in their home because of the fire. They are staying with relatives.

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus