Family Escapes Burning Home In Northglenn

NORTHGLENN, Colo. (CBS4)- A family escaped from their burning home at about 10:10 a.m. on Tuesday. Fire investigators said an electric candle warmer was accidentally left on and overheated, causing the fire.

Two adults and a child escaped the burning home at 11886 High Street. One resident suffered minor injuries and was taken to the hospital.

The family also had five animals, two dogs and three cats. One dog and a cat survived, but the other pets died from smoke inhalation.

Firefighters traced the origin of the fire to the electric candle warmer in a bedroom in the basement. Investigators said the fire was accidental.

Damage from the fire is estimated at $50,000. The family will not be able to stay in their home because of the fire. They are staying with relatives.

Comments

One Comment

  1. theresa fox says:

    i have been trying to find the footage u got from the fire and i know u have it cause it was my house that burned down and 1 more thing i hate how the media tells all the negative things about pitbulls but no one ever once said in their stories that the dead dog was honorable to get my attention to save my family..she was the best dog i have ever owned she died a hero in my eyes she went back in cause my husband was an honorable and brave man by doing all he could to try and put it out and go in 3 times to try and save animals.. so next time people should know that pits are honorable and the most careing loving dog and that dog has a name her name was sassy my hero..

    1. YAYA AND DEREK says:

      WE ARE HEAR FOR YOU GUYS IF YOU NEED ANYTHING JUST GIVE US A CALL . ALL YOU CAN DO IS STAND TOGETHER AND BE ONE AND WE ARE THERE FOR YOU GUYS AS THE WHOLE ONE WE WILL HELP AS MUCH AS WE CAN DONT BE AFRAID TO CALL US ANYTIME SENDING ALL OUR LOVE AND BLESSINGS YAYA AND DEREK WE LOVE YOU GUYS STAY STRONG.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Denver

NEWS TEAM
Send A News Tip

Listen Live

AM/FM Stations

Featured Shows & Multimedia