No Charges For Person Who Accidentally Started Weld County Blaze

BRIGGSDALE, Colo. (CBS4) – A person whose lawnmower blew up, causing a fire near Fort Morgan, will not be charged for his role in the blaze.

On Saturday that person decided to mow around the Osgood Community Center in Weld County, southeast of Briggsdale.

There was a spark from the lawnmower, causing it to blow up.

The fire was then fueled by dry condtions and gusty winds.

On Saturday night firefighters were able to get the blaze under control.

The fire torched as much as 2,000 acres and came close to some homes.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Denver

Enter To Win!
Weather App

Listen Live

AM/FM Stations

Featured Shows & Multimedia